Chipotle salad burrito bowl leftovers question.

Options
I was wondering, if i were to eat half at lunch and save the other half for dinner or the next day, would you microwave it or eat it cold? Lets say lettuce burrito bowl with rice beans, chicken, guacamole, etc. I never know if people actually heat up lettuce burrito bowls or not. I feel like guac, salsa and lettuce don't heat up nicely.

Replies

• CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I just leave it out of the fridge for 5-10 min before eating :-)
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'd ask for the guac to be put in a container. That's the most important thing that stands out to me.

The lettuce and salsa get heated from the rice, beans and meat anyway. You can also ask for salsa on the side too.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I typically get my cold items like sour cream and cheese on the side so I can reheat the rice meat and beans and also keep my portions in check.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I heat mine up, every time. Lettuce and guacamole and all! I actually like it even better the second time around :smiley:
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I heat mine up, every time. Lettuce and guacamole and all! I actually like it even better the second time around :smiley:

What else do you get in your bowls? Ok maybe I'll give warming it up a try!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options

Hah you are going to laugh, I actually get everything except sour cream (I hate sour cream). So all the salsas, lettuce, guac, roasted veggies etc. I don't usually get cheese, but it's really good in it. I like all the meats to and get a different one each time.

If you think that warm/wilted lettuce is gross then you could always just take that part out, toss it and then use some of your own lettuce or something, I personally don't mind it at all.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Hah you are going to laugh, I actually get everything except sour cream (I hate sour cream). So all the salsas, lettuce, guac, roasted veggies etc. I don't usually get cheese, but it's really good in it. I like all the meats to and get a different one each time.

If you think that warm/wilted lettuce is gross then you could always just take that part out, toss it and then use some of your own lettuce or something, I personally don't mind it at all.

Ok thanks for the tip!