Preworkout suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For quick energy, I've been eating an orange or clementine first thing in the morning lately. Or I understand that an apple is good quick energy as well.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Pre-jym is my favorite, not only does it give you the B12 and caffeine kick, it has BCAA's and creatine.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    GorillaNJ wrote: »
    Pre-jym is my favorite, not only does it give you the B12 and caffeine kick, it has BCAA's and creatine.

Except it doesn't have enough creatine.

Examine.com
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    A pre-workout will not make you lose more weight. It's for energy. I take mine because I get up at 4:45am every morning on workout days and like that by 5:30 when I start my workout that I am wide awake and ready to go with it. I cycle off pre-workouts about every 3 months for at least 1-2 months, during those times I'll just drink water, eat a banana, and/or drink a large cup of coffee. I can definitely tell I get more done when I use the pre-workout though.
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Taryan23 wrote: »
    And honestly, who wouldn't wanna feel edgy and pumped going to the gym if you can.

I don't!
    Quite happy feeling normal - I'm plenty motivated or I wouldn't be there.

To each is own. I'm pretty sure everyone is motivated going to the gym, but I speak for myself is I have days where I'm like I'm over this workout, or even though I'm making my way to the gym I don't wanna go. So if I have the ability to control that then once again why not. But again everybody has their own opinion. Have a nice day(:
  • Taryan23
    Options
    Thanks everyone on your intakes!! Imma have to try iced coffee or something idk because I hate hot drinks and also plain coffee :neutral:
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone on your intakes!! Imma have to try iced coffee or something idk because I hate hot drinks and also plain coffee :neutral:

There are some super awesome cold brew selections in the creamer cooler of the grocery stores. They are cold, plus have have a very smooth taste and are less acidic than traditional brew so supposedly easier on stomachs. They have both flavored and unflavored, there are even nitrogen infused cold brews! You can make your own cold brew VERY easily also, all you need is a French press and some coffee grounds.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    And honestly, who wouldn't wanna feel edgy and pumped going to the gym if you can.

I don't!
    Quite happy feeling normal - I'm plenty motivated or I wouldn't be there.

To each is own. I'm pretty sure everyone is motivated going to the gym, but I speak for myself is I have days where I'm like I'm over this workout, or even though I'm making my way to the gym I don't wanna go. So if I have the ability to control that then once again why not. But again everybody has their own opinion. Have a nice day(:

Just answering the question you asked....
    I had a very good day, including a great workout, hope you did too.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    C4 etc are generally over/under dosed on the meaningful/useful supps.

Caffeine, beta alanine, Citrulline, creatine. There's a couple others, but those are generally what you'll find.

See Examine.com for dosing. See Amazon.com for bulk powders.

IOW, DIY. If you like a particular flavor for hydration... note the dosing... see Labdoor.com to validate label dosing.

For flavor I like C4 Blue Razz, ON Amino Energy Orange, lemon/lime,

This. Add some Taurine and that's my pre-workout stack to a T. Buying in bulk is so much cheaper (think $0.25-0.50 per serving instead of $1.00-$2.00) and you control the dosing.

That said, if all you're looking for is to get "amped" or "hyped" for a workout, coffee and energy drink or anything with caffeine will do the trick.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I stick to caffeine pills and a banana.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Any pre-workout whatever is not going to make you motivated. Feeling energetic is not going to motivate you if you are really "over this workout".

• Taryan23
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

Any pre-workout whatever is not going to make you motivated. Feeling energetic is not going to motivate you if you are really "over this workout".

Actually it can. I'm living proof. I tested with drinking a monster. I truly felt actually into the workout and not bored (because I do the same workouts everyday and it can get boring to me). But like I said to each is own. Maybe preworkout doesn't for YOU, but who knows what it can do for another person(:. Thanks for your input.