How much weight can you gain in one week?

Options
2»

Replies

• grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Besides whatever I was eating that week for breakfast/lunch/dinner which was probably around 2.5-3.5K/day calorie-wise, I ate three dozen homemade peanut butter toffee cookies over a couple days along with a 5 oz bag of gummy bears, 3 mini-magnum ice cream bars, a 3.5 oz bag sour gummy things, a three piece Pecan Turtle, and IIRC, a standard sized chocolate bar (1.5 oz?). Oh, yeah, and a 6 or 7 or 8 oz-ish bag of "cheesy poofs" (what I call store label Cheetos). :)

I ballooned from 196 lbs to 207 lbs over four days. Took three weeks to shed the water weight and ended up at 200.8 lbs. So I gained somewhere between 0-4 pounds of legitimate fat for the overeatingpalooza of, conservatively, 11-12K calories.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

(aka, pretty much lock step with the math)
  • maximo727
    maximo727 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    so whats the realistic amount of actual weight you can gain in one week from over eating?

I'm usually very precise in my calorie counting and never go over maintenance but this week I've not been as careful with tracking. I've also had about 2 shots of vodka every nigh this week, which is not the norm for me at all (I usually don't drink).

my weight has gone up 5 pounds this week. Its also not TOM so I cant blame hormons. I'm still hoping most of it is water weight though cause it cant be 5 pounds of fat!so how much of actual weight do you think I gained?

12 lbs. Is what I gained on 2 weeks of being a vacuum cleaner lol
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    L_Master wrote: »
    The two vodka shots are like 150 calories (70 per shot or so), maybe closer to 200 if at a bar or something,

how does a bar add 33% to the calorie value of vodka? nothing to do with anything, but just huh?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Because there is a limit to how much food our bodies can metabolize in a week the most you can gain is probably about 20 pounds and less than 10 is more typical. Of course water weight would go on top of that.