I'm new here :)

Options
Hi, I am 32 years old trying to loose 125 pounds. I've always been an overly emotional person and I guess been guilty of overeating to an extreme. Long story short I had a daughter with some disabilities and I went into a horrible depression and continue to eat 13 years later I am trying to do something about it. I drink lots of water but other than that I don't know where to start. When I go to choose my next meal I don't know what to pick and get so upset about it that I end up not eating and then getting too hungry then overeating...I'm lost and I don't know where to start...and I have no support from my family either. Any advice??

Replies

• swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Hi jnicolegilmore! You have come to the right place! Start by putting in your weight and choosing an activity level. Using the data base, put in a sample breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It helps me to eat three meals and have a snack. Logging is the key to success. I try to prelog my day so I know I can stay on track. I walk Monday-Friday and I use a tracker which really motivates me. You can do this. There are lots of nice people here and It's really helpful to read the forums.

• fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one. I have 105 lbs to lose I actually eat really healthy but I'm lazy as hell. Key is eat lots of veggies, start slow eating what you eat but with veggies on the side or veggies in it like in pasta.

You got this!
  • SeptemberRain81
    SeptemberRain81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi @jnicolegilmore, I'm 36 and I also need to lose 125 lbs.
    I love food way too much and I too use it as a way to deal with depression.
    You got this... we got this! <3