Just Curious

I've been dieting for about a week now and have been doing really well, eating under my calories every day and generally eating healthy. I was so hungry this evening and just had a large chicken shawarma on rice with garlic sauce and hot sauce. I logged it and am still under my calories for the day. Will this screw up my diet? Will I bloat heavily tomorrow? What can I do to offset what I ate and not feel the water weight from it so badly?

Thank You!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    It's hard to say if you'll gain water weight, but if you do it happens. Weight naturally fluctuates for a variety of reasons.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    You're still under your calorie budget for the day, I wouldn't worry about it. You're diet is still in place. You may retain water weight if it was heavy on the sodium, just drink some more water and you'll be fine. By the way, that meal sounds yummy!
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Thank You! But I won't gain any actual weight from this right? Paranoid when I hit the scale in the morning lol
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    Don't freak out tomorrow. The scale may show a gain but it's temporary.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    If you are the type of person that gets paranoid about a weight gain from a meal that didn't even put you over on calories you should not be weighing yourself daily or you will set yourself up for disappointment. Weigh yourself weekly instead, and look at monthly trends, weight fluctuates up and down naturally and it's normal and doesn't mean that your weight loss plan isn't working.
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks for your help everyone!