Iowa/Midwest women?

Options
2»

Replies

• Twinklestarr1981
    Twinklestarr1981 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I’m in Cedar Rapids, IA. Feel free to add me. I’ve lost 101 lbs in this last 12 months. I live Lchf lifestyle. Before this weight loss I had lost 120lbs Lchf. I had injury n pregnancy, n ate carbs during that time, and then miscarriage but got back on the lifestyle again the last year and voila-101lbs lost! I have more to go, but it’s about being strong for me, and healthy, not skinny and weak! I am a continual work in progress! Bless ya’ll! My macros r usually 5%-Carbs, 70% fats and 25% proteins. I’m not a stickler on calories but try to stay at 1600 or less for me, goal I put as 1400. I wasn’t always this calories and lower carbs, it was a process. I help others n motivate n encourage the, via mfp, fcbk, instagram, Pinterest as well! I figured we all have our struggles right, why not be a part of the solution and see myself as God sees me, and continually grow as a person, I am not perfect, but who is? That’s boring lol. Laugh, smile, and for me I enjoy an occasional movie popcorn night n up my carbs for that day, or When time of the month rolls around I let my carbs go up for me 5 carbs...also if I’m in the gym going at it a lot n heavy, my macros I change around by 5% here or there. I’ve learned that Lchf is an individual persons makeup and sensitivities, and you learn as you go as for some certain sugars affect them or not at all for others... Smile, you CAN do this, don’t continually weight yourself, and when u do, at the same time each week, or month, also measure yourself bc inches and muscle gains don’t always show in the scale favorably like you normally would want...but it’s not about some magical number. Yes I want that sexy extra extra hot wifey body just like the next, but let’s be real, I will have some loose skin, not too much, as I’m in the gym toning it up as I go, but it’s inevitable.... but for me, I’d love to lose a final 40lbs, and hello body knockout for me lol....if I don’t or can’t or get pregnant again, I understand but I’m living Lchf lifestyle and being healthy as each couple months I get tests, levels etc fully checked and I’m doing good! Also, my hubby is a gym rat and is not LCHF, and aim a gym rat now too, it becomes an addiction, and lots of shaker cups that I wash! Lol I take vitamins and minerals/supplements as well as those r important. Pay attention to your body, and work from the inside out! Toodles!!! Ps-Feel Free to add me ya’ll! :)
  • JaelynneH
    JaelynneH Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Not quite Iowa, but I'm in Grand Forks, ND right now. In a few months hubby and I will be moving to Sioux Falls SD 😊 I have an overall goal to lose about 110-130 lbs, so far down almost 5 😊 I started fairly recently and I'd love some more friends for motivation and encouragement, so anybody is free to add me if you'd like!
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in Sioux Falls - it's an awesome place to live!
  • tryagainvanessa
    Options
    Hi I’m in central Iowa! I’ve only been at this since Aug 28 but it feels so different this time like I can really do it! I’m 195 and my goal weight is 130. I’m counting calories and moving around a heck of a lot more than I use to!