How to adapt to weight loss process

I'm curious to know how to work up some patience for the weight loss process I can only stick to a diet for a week or two. I tried meal planning but I was no longer interested in the meals I had prepped after 2-3 days. I also look at how long it'll take to lose weight and easily get discouraged. I just can't seem to get motivated to lose this weight. I also found out that I have a thyroid enlargement that's causing me to gain weight . I started having problems after taking psych meds. What to do?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,047 Member
    The only thing to do is commit. It's not fun, or exciting, and it takes time. It's like a job. A lot of the time you don't really want to do it, but if you don't you can't have nice things. So you just do.
  • kyramae67
    kyramae67 Posts: 7 Member
    That's my problem I can't seem to focus. I've always got different projects going on so I don't always finish what I start.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Psych meds suck for weight loss, but I'm down 60 pounds, so it can be done. Getting more fit has been great for my mental health too. You just have to stick with it and after about a month you will start seeing progress which I have found very motivating. Take good pics and measurements for comparison. I eat whatever I feel like eating as long as it fits my calorie goals. I've decided to put of trying to eat healthy until I lose the weight. I've got enough to deal with.
  • Mads7878
    Mads7878 Posts: 33 Member
    Hi yep this is third go at calorie counting and this time im winning the battle!! Maybe try to downsize the projects to thing more manageable? Goodluck