How often should I weigh myself to see progress?

Options
2»

Replies

• lcbridgewater
    lcbridgewater Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I weigh myself every couple of wks along with my body fat and bmi
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Every week or two
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a weight trending app and only weigh once a week? Does one weigh in a week give enough data points?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use a weight trending app and only weigh once a week? Does one weigh in a week give enough data points?

i do and yes. but i've been maintaining for over 6 years more or less so it's plenty for me to make sure i'm not gaining or losing or fine tuning any bulk/cut cycles.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »

i do and yes. but i've been maintaining for over 6 years more or less so it's plenty for me to make sure i'm not gaining or losing or fine tuning any bulk/cut cycles.

Thanks.

I weigh myself everyday or every 2nd, only because i use Trendweight. I would much prefer not to feel "forced" to weigh just to appease a weight trending app.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If you weigh every five candidate you won't have time to eat and will for sure lose weight.

It's tongue in cheek people don't freak out.
  • darrenstanley14
    darrenstanley14 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi , I would definitely recommend weighing yourself daily.

Here's my reasons:

Scale weight will fluctuate day to day, and throughout each day. You can expect to lose 1-2% body weight overnight through the moisture lost when breathing. Here are other things that cause fluctuations in weight:

Water & glycogen, due to a change in carb intake.
    Water, due to the stall-whoosh effect.
    Water, due to hydration status.
    Water, due to a change in salt intake.
    Water, due to stress or the menstrual cycle.
    Bowel content, because some foods have a higher ‘gut residue’ (they stay in the gut for longer).

So I can only advise weigh yourself daily then take the average at the end of the week then measures your averages week to week. But on the other hand don't get too caught up on scale weight it's not always linear. Enjoy the process :smile: