Help please

Options
sammyp40
sammyp40 Posts: 8 Member
Would welcome advice on how to use myfitnesspal successfully to achieve weight loss. Also regarding sticking to macros and nutrient limits as I have struggled to hit protein goals in the past. Determined to loose weight for a special birthday so hints and tips would be really appreciated. Thank you

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My suggestion for 'sticking to macros' is that you supply your pantry with some useful things.
    Keep a stock of tuna fish, chia seeds, protein powder, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and such as that which can be used for quick protein. Peanut butter or any of the other nut butters are good for reaching a fat goal, which is important to reach. You can also get the fat goal with avocado, flax, hemp seeds and just about all the dairy products. Carbs are going to happen and you only need to care about those if you are deliberately trying to avoid them.
  • SandraNancy
    SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Make as much ahead as you can. I make a big batch of turkey or venison meatballs every week and freeze some. They're great to have on hand as a snack or a meal. I make them with Parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs, so they're fantastic little protein/fat bombs without many carbs. If you have a few good recipes on rotation, it'll keep you from that moment where you grab whatever is fast instead of whatever fits your macros/is healthy. Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!