My mind won't catch up to my body!

Options
ashleesatterthwaite
ashleesatterthwaite Posts: 4 Member
edited July 2017 in Motivation and Support
I've lost about 70 lbs since October 2016, going from a size 20 to a size 10. My original goal size was a 12, but I'm still about 25ish lbs short of goal weight. Regardless, I'm finding myself often still feeling/seeing the 265lb girl I used to be. Any advice as to how to combat that? I feel like a wire is loose. I can't pretend like I'm not wearing a size 10 now...I just need my brain to catch up with my body! n8wkprt24ce1.jpg

Replies

• runningjen74
    runningjen74 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    ^. Listen to @RAD_Fitness

Maybe work on some mindfulness. I know it's all in vogue at the moment, but I've been trying to give it some time as I'm susceptible to over reacting to stress and am trying to build up some new skills for next time something comes up.

I've tried journaling and positive talk and honestly I think they can help. Writing down all your non scale victories, new clothes that fit, new fitness achievements, new confidence.... Write it down and keep reading it back! You clearly done really well now give yourself some credit for it, and start to accept you for who you are now and not a future you where you keep changing the goal posts.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You look great! The only suggestion that I can make is to be kind to yourself and allow your brain time to catch up. It can take longer than you'd think. I lost my weight over the course of 2014 and I'd say it took a full year after that (so to the end of 2015) to cut back on the majority of my "big" thinking. And even now I have times when I still feel like the older version of me.
  • kazz882
    kazz882 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this, I am down 60 pounds, from a uk size 22 to a 14 and still see the same person in the mirror, I even put on smaller size clothes and think they are just big made, one thing that makes me realise how much I've actually lost, is trying on clothes that were tight a few years ago and are way too big now, weird how our mind plays trick on us!