Water

Options
I did a stupid thing today. We had a garage sale from 6 am to 1 pm today in direct sun. It was upper 90's. But in all the confusion I didn't drink my water. I had breakfast before we started, but when we were all done (about 2 pm) we wanted to eat. So we did, I was so tired I almost couldn't chew. Then ever since I have been sooooo thirsty. I know when you feel thirsty, you are way beyond dehydrated.

So my question, how do I dehydrate the easiest? I can't drink a lot of water at one time because of my stomach surgery. I tried poweraide, and ice cold water. Any other suggestions? It's been 4 hours now and I still feel mega thirsty.

Replies

• perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Can you eat watermelon? That might give you some sugar and water at the same time. Or suck on ice cubes.
  • missmince
    missmince Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Unless you're feeling really unwell (beyond tired), I wouldn't worry about it. Satisfying your thirst slowly isn't so dreadful. I don't know why you believe that being thirsty is way beyond dehydrated. I (and many other people) would be long dead if it was.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Watermelon sounds good. I'll have to go to the store. I've been trying ice, and cold water and I'm starting to feel better. I just feel so frustrated when I get thirsty. I'm so use to drinking all throughout the day.

Thanks for the tips.