MFP changes Macro goal daily?

Options
I have overridden MFP macro goals to fit my personal goals, but I have noticed that every day, the goal amount for each changes. i.e. Sunday's stated goals were: P-114, C-114, F-68; yesterday's goals were: P-120, C-120, F-71; and today's are P-104, C-104, F-62.

It's not that big of a deal because I mainly want to ensure I get a certain amount of protein daily and have a # in my head, so who cares if that # ends up above or below the stated MFP goals for that day. But I was just curious if there was an actual reason this is? The goals are set in the morning before I log any food, and my cal goal is the same everyday...

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Since the goals are based on percentages of overall calories and your overall calorie goal is the sum of your base calorie goal and any exercise you log, the goals will change according to what you log for exercise.
  • Amerek412
    Amerek412 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Since the goals are based on percentages of overall calories and your overall calorie goal is the sum of your base calorie goal and any exercise you log, the goals will change according to what you log for exercise.

Ohhhhhh...that makes total sense and seems very obvious now haha wasn't thinking about the extra cal you get for exercise. Thanks!