Women who are in shape and athletic but weigh more??

Options
13»

Replies

• aprilhendo
    aprilhendo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1ctghdvmcm2b.png

Here you go. I'm 5'8.5. I've always been athletic and dense. Here's a good example of what happens to our body types if we train hard. I actually like what I look like more when I weigh more. Scales are good to no where you stay on a regular basis but I would suggest throwing it out. They play mind games on women like us.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Great thread!

I'm at the very top end of the normal range of the BMI for my height.

I'm in great physical shape, have a tight and toned body and rock the heck out of a bikini. I'm good. :)

The scale played with my head for a short while when I was losing, but I learned that paying more attention to my measurements and how my clothes were fitting works better for me.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    mrsbigmack wrote: »

Dang that's some great progress!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The unfortunate truth of the matter is that most people don't carry as much muscle as they think.

I highlighted most because I know someone will jump in and claim they have low bodyfat and weight XXXlbs.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    zu5emu8c68cd.jpg

5'2 and around 130 lbs... But I'm very strong even though am tiny, I'm a size 4 and I know I'm not fat even though I'm heavy so I don't really use a scale anymore
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 149, but "fatty." I'd love to be heavier with better muscle. I'm working on it...Be happy with yourself!8ge5lgetcwdc.jpg
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is what turned it around for me. All these women in the attached picture weigh the same. We have been told the number on the scale is important our whole lives. What that logic doesn't take into account is body type, bone mass, height and a number of other things. Once I saw this pic it all clicked for me. I do not have to weigh 125 to feel good about myself. It is just a number. It doesn't define me
  • Northerncyclist234
    Options
    From personal experience, I have gained weight but gotten leaner and fitter in the process. I recently gained 7lbs over a period of a few months but maintained the same clothing size except for my thighs which are a little bigger than before.