Calorie Deficit Question

Options
According to my fitbit, yesterday I burned 3.5k calories... If I'm trying to be at a 500-1000 calorie deficit, does that mean I had to eat around 2.5k cals?

I might just be overthinking this... I ended up eating around 1.5k calories. I dont want to eat so little that Ill screw up my body somehow...

Replies

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    What is the goal mfp gives you before exercise?
  • corazombie
    corazombie Posts: 84 Member
    Options

• Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    corazombie wrote: »

You should be eating that and your exercise calories. So 1950+exercise calories=daily goal. Most people only eat half of the exercise calories they get because the exercise calories can be overestimated. My suggestion is eat 1950+50%exercise=goal. I eat all my exercise calories because I know my garmin is giving me correct numbers and my weight reflects the numbers so I eat between 1600 and 2000 calories a day. Good luck
  • corazombie
    corazombie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    corazombie wrote: »

You should be eating that and your exercise calories. So 1950+exercise calories=daily goal. Most people only eat half of the exercise calories they get because the exercise calories can be overestimated. My suggestion is eat 1950+50%exercise=goal. I eat all my exercise calories because I know my garmin is giving me correct numbers and my weight reflects the numbers so I eat between 1600 and 2000 calories a day. Good luck

Thank you for clearing that up.
  • asugar7979
    asugar7979 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I find the food and the exercise estimated to be off, I often end up way under my goal even when I don't exercise?