What ethnicity/culture has the most calorie-dense food?

Options
2»

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has to do with culture. I think it has to do with McDonalds (and other fast food). All cultures are having this problem.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has to do with culture. I think it has to do with McDonalds (and other fast food). All cultures are having this problem.

What does McDonald's have to do with anything? :huh:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

This has nothing to do with the question that's being asked.

A lot of the food in Scandanavian countries are very high cal, they're supposed to be hearty and stick to your ribs in the enduring cold.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, but from my travels I'd say every "Western" country I've been to has some serious calorie bombs in there! Overall the leanest seeming regional diet would probably have to have been Okinawa. I can't think of much of anything common over there that was really calorie dense.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,842 Member
    Options
    I think pretty much every culture has high calorie foods ... probably easier to list the cultures with generally low calorie diets.
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm Indian and I think it's safe for me to say that Indian food is high in calories specially the Mughal cuisine. Biryani, butter chicken and we eat a lot of rice