Nexplanon

Ive gained 45 pounds with this birth control and i go to the gym 5 days a week and eat less then 1500 calories a day its been 8 months The implant is the depo in a implant form as my doctor stated and many people dont get depo because of weight gain from it

Replies

• DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    The Implant doesn't make you gain weight out of thin air. It makes you more hungry and you eat more, it also causes you to hold on to waterweight. This is what my GP told me when I gained nearly 40lbs in 3 months after getting mine in, and that was after gaining a lot more weight on 2 other BCs.

The issue wasn't the BC, it was that I wasn't weighting all my foods, and I wasn't accurately guessing how much I was burning, I was actually overestimating.

I got my fitbit around the same time I spoke to him and saw that I was lucky to burn 200calories a day from my work outs and I was guessing that I was burning 800!! So I started aiming for 10k on my rest days, 15-20k steps on my workout days. I didn't eat back the calories because I wanted to see how I went for the first month. I bought a good food scale and weighed and measured everything I ate and the weight came off. I lost a good 16lbs that month, so I started eating back 50% of my calories burnt from exercise.

The only issue I have with Nexplanon now is that I'm finding I bloat more than I did before, so I was told to take magnesium. I could retain 10lbs of water weight some days, it was crazy and that's something that birth control can do. The magnesium has helped a lot since then and when I don't take it the weight creeps up.

I was 120lbs before depo and gained up to 180 =(, so i went to yaz I gained up to 200 over a year. I maintained around that for awhile, then I went on nexplanon/implanon and got to 244lbs. The only time I actually started to lose weight was when I was 100% accurate with measuring my foods and my goals were realistic.

Try this for a month, be strict and make sure you're including drinks. If the scale still doesn't move, maybe look at getting your bloods done.

All the best.