Not losing weight....... is my job and late eating causing this?

Options
I believe I'm eating correctly and exercising enough but I'm not really losing this weight I shouldn't.

Is is because of my job? Maybe I'm going into starvation mode and is my late night pasta causing my to store fat?

I get up for work at 5am
don't have breakfast,
go to work and do physical work,
At 10.30 am and have lunch
Then finish work at 4pm
Have a snack like a protein a bar befor going to the gym to give me energy
Workout for an hour
Go home and wait for everyone to come home and we always eat at 8pm which is usually pasta or rice etc
Then bed at 9.30 ready to get up at 5am again

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    I believe I'm eating correctly and exercising enough but I'm not really losing this weight I shouldn't.

Is is because of my job? Maybe I'm going into starvation mode and is my late night pasta causing my to store fat?

You believe you're eating correctly - Are you accurately logging your food to ensure you're in a calorie deficit?

Why do you think your job is making you maintain your weight?

And no starvation mode isn't a thing and eating pasta at night makes no difference to weight loss. I eat my dinner between 8-10pm most week days often it includes white rice and I sometimes I have a small bar of chocolate with a cup of tea before bed. I've lost 35lbs so far.

If you've been at this for more than 4 weeks without any loss you are either underestimating your food take, overestimating your calorie burns or a combination of the two.

qs3nkt0nmd5l.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options

I get up for work at 5am
    don't have breakfast,
    go to work and do physical work,
    At 10.30 am and have lunch
    Then finish work at 4pm
    Have a snack like a protein a bar befor going to the gym to give me energy
    Workout for an hour
    Go home and wait for everyone to come home and we always eat at 8pm which is usually pasta or rice etc
    Then bed at 9.30 ready to get up at 5am again

That's close to my schedule ... and yet I lost 25kg. :)

There is no such thing as starvation mode in the way you're thinking of it. Think about people who are really genuinely starving ... they're skinny.

Pasta doesn't cause you to store fat.

Now, put your information into MFP.
    Select lightly active as your activity level, since you do physical work.
    Select to lose 1 lb/week.
    MFP will give you the number of calories to eat.
    Eat those calories.

Be sure to weigh and log your food to ensure you are consuming the correct number of calories.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Not sure how you can be worried about your pasta intake, then worried about starvation mode in the same sentence? As others have said, there is no starvation mode.

Your schedule sounds like a typical schedule that most people have.

Do you weigh all your food??
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Only anecdotal, of course, but I've successfully got to goal while eating at around 9pm, usually carb heavy - I don't do less than 100g pasta/50g rice/200g potatoes (dried/raw weights). I find that when I eat affects how I feel in terms of hunger etc. but I very much doubt it has an impact on weight loss in and of itself.