Support to turn Yo-Yo into Lifestyle, help please

Options
Hi all,

I'm a serial yo yo dieter. 5'0", 38yo and currently 140lbs. My last "diet" stage was Nov. 2016 (138lbs) thru Jan 2017 (126lbs). It's July 2017, just 6 months later and I've gained back it all and then some. This has happened 4x now over the last 5 years. I seems to go about 6 months ago at the longest and then stress, injury or travel seems to be my trigger to go off track.
When I'm tracking food, I excersize regularly, otherwise I don't. It seems to be all or nothing. Every year, it gets harder and takes longer to get the weigh off. I have two sets of clothes. Now at 140, I can't fit into my larger set.

I've never posted on here or used forums before so I apologize if this is the wrong setting for this. Hoping support will be the thing that gets me through this time. I want to make this my life, not a diet. Please let me know if you'd like to help. I'd love to support you too.

Replies

• kels_lyn14
    kels_lyn14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've had the same "all or nothing" mentality before as well. This time around try just committing to making one lifestyle change at a time. Maybe your first change could be to simply log your food intake and stay at or slightly below your calorie goal. Don't set your calorie goal too low... you want to pick a number that is sustainable, even on the days when your low in motivation. Do this for an entire month before adding another lifestyle change. Believe it or not you CAN lose weight with diet alone! You won't lose 20 pounds in a month, but you'll see slow sustainable weight loss that will make you feel proud of yourself.

Baby steps still equal progress. It's something I'm still working on every day! Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated and accountable! Good luck!