how to enter new weight for updated calorie intake

Options
i have lost 6 kg since i started(started at 79kg).

Should i enter this new weight as starting weight,for updated calorie intake and all?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options
    Your calorie allowance should update automatically if you have been logging your weights in the Progress/Check In section.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Your calorie allowance should update automatically if you have been logging your weights in the Progress/Check In section.

it doesnt update automatically.mine never has. you have to go back in and recalculate calories for your new weight.
  • tobehappy2017
    tobehappy2017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

I update my weight weekly and after you said so,i went to check in calorie intake.I remember seeing it at 1370,now it's at 1320.But how can i know for sure,to see what my starting calorie intake was?
  • tobehappy2017
    Options

it doesnt update automatically.mine never has. you have to go back in and recalculate calories for your new weight.

how often do you update(every new weight ? ), checking in case i was wrong about mine being updated automatically.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

how often do you update(every new weight ? ), checking in case i was wrong about mine being updated automatically.

every 10-20 lbs or so.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

I update my weight weekly and after you said so,i went to check in calorie intake.I remember seeing it at 1370,now it's at 1320.But how can i know for sure,to see what my starting calorie intake was?

you can put in your old weight and how much you set it to lose and then put in your new weight and see the difference.There may be an easier way to see but not sure what that way is
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    Options

It should offer to re-calculate every 10lbs. https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/689990-how-can-i-force-my-calorie-goals-to-update-
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

It should offer to re-calculate every 10lbs. https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/689990-how-can-i-force-my-calorie-goals-to-update-

well yeah that way it will, but if you go to goals and put in your new weight(where it asks for say waist measurments and all that) it wont change. at least that way for me it didnt I had to go through the goals section to get it to change.
  • tobehappy2017
    Options

I just updated and now i am at 1220 for the day,instead of the 1320 earlier.Thank you.