Whoosh

Options
me0231
me0231 Posts: 218 Member
I've read about this big whoosh and almost 4 month in I've never seen anything remotely whoosh-y. Every ounce has been slowly and painfully earned :D

This last few weeks I've been more or less the same weight, but having started a lifting program and the associated muscle soreness as well as that time of the month I figured I just need to be patient (whole new attitude for me!). And now over the last 3 days I've lost 4 pounds. It's exciting seeing the progress but I don't really understand it. Googling I found articles of water filling emptied out fat cells and assuming that is the process of a whoosh, can these areas refill with water? Do I have to expect a bigger up and down? Would love any insight, I find this truly fascinating.

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
    This should help. You had multiple things going at once that cause water retention. T.o.m., a new lifting program.... You won't necessarily have bigger ups and down but you may have times that seem level for a bit and then a couple of pound drop. Happened to me in the last week.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    Yup, what @mmapags said.

While the new weight routine and TOM were adding water weight, that water weight was hiding your continuing incremental fat loss. Once the water weight dropped off, it revealed the fat loss, too.

Voila, lighter you! ;)
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    How good is the whoosh! I was beginning to worry that I had hit a plateau and then whoosh! 1.3kg gone in 2 days! I was so proud of my body's work haha
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've definitely experienced this too! I didn't lose ANYTHING for 2 months straight (weighing myself every day) and then all of a sudden I lost 3.4lbs in 3 days. It's definitely great motivation to push through plateaus knowing you might be at the edge of a whoosh!
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the infos ladies. It's definitely exciting seeing that weight disappear like that. Haha I hope to notice some squishy fat at some point closer to my goal too. ;)

Onwards and *down*wards, I'm almost halfway.