120 Pounds Lost! (Pics)

Options
jvanessa89
jvanessa89 Posts: 332 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
I lost 120 pounds and went from a BMI of 42 to 24 in a little over a year. This is more than a story of just losing weight though.. it's a change of my heart & mind and overcoming many obstacles and getting to a place of self-love and a desire to care for myself. I found a love for walking and a love of nutrition and most importantly a positive mindset about life. I feel so blessed that God gave me strength to overcome bad situations and make changes to take care of myself. It's been the best thing I have ever done. I taught myself how to cook things I like, fell in love with learning about nutrition and found exercise that I enjoy and can stick to. I logged my food on MyFitnessPal and looked at not only the calories but the nutrition I was getting. For me this was all about being healthy, not just losing weight. I never tried to lose weight before this because I always thought it was near impossible but with the right mindset and belief in yourself you can accomplish it. I am just a regular person that did this completely on their own. You too can defeat obesity! I truly believe anyone can do this and it starts with loving yourself enough to take care of yourself . :) I hope this encourages & inspires someone out there <3

o7pyv1xdwb6o.png

hczj2uxk9gb7.png

2zkaxs99l0mn.jpg

sruif31l7p12.jpg

5p3pz7hn0d6p.jpg

08y9h6mefadc.jpg

puxtu0fnieu2.jpg
hbbun4a5a9f1.jpg

j1tmutr3zo58.jpg

Replies

• vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • fereshtaf
    fereshtaf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wowowo
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You look great!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • MrsLengares2015
    MrsLengares2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congrats!!!
  • bri_fitnessjourney
    bri_fitnessjourney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! You go girl!! ☺
  • tracyj1247
    tracyj1247 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You love great inspiring.
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing! I love seeing and reading about success stories!
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! You are positively glowing in the last photo.
  • awildwomanatheart
    awildwomanatheart Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    You looks amazing! Congratulations! Seeing this definitely motivates me to keep going.
  • azwalking
    azwalking Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This was just the inspiration I needed, thank you <3<3
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    The most important part of your story is learning about proper nutrition. Honestly, it's easy to lose weight, it's hard to lose it the right way and to keep it off. Thank you for sharing your story. I hope others embrace your strategy.
  • sup91406
    sup91406 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. Thanks for the post.
  • varia2u
    varia2u Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nice work and well done! Your smile at the end says it all :)
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for the pep talk. You have done so well. You are pretty in all the photos, but you look so happy and healthy now. Congratulations! You inspire me to do this right.
  • acegarza
    acegarza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • spiveaa
    spiveaa Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!