Need to stay motivated.

Options
SRowe44500
SRowe44500 Posts: 11 Member
edited July 2017 in Success Stories
I lost a ton of weight last year and was starting to feel great about myself. Then I got lazy and gained all the weight back. Not sure how keep myself motivated.

Replies

• fatprincess4now
    fatprincess4now Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. Trying for the third time and nailing it. 30 more to go and being able to maintain it. I would be happy to be your friend on here.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    You did it once you can totally do it again. Sucks to have to restart but heck you already know you can get it done at least
  • cnikiforow
    cnikiforow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So first time trying support on an app like this, have been finding it hard to stay 'on track'.
    I understand fully the lose then gain back as I am now in that position. Will stay in touch and fingers crossed can keep focussed!
    This will be my second time using MFP to lose the 30 lbs that have crept onto me
  • threecharms
    threecharms Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You did it before, so you KNOW you can do it. Motivation to stop overeating is one way to solve it, but that's a fatiguing and unreliable way to go about it. Motivation comes and goes for ALL things. What about addressing underlying issues, things you FEEL when you first have the cravings or reach for food? What are you experiencing? That might help tease things out, then weight loss could be more sustainable. I believe in you!
  • shause22
    shause22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat u are, i was doing extremely well, had lost 40lbs and then got lazy cause i thought i wouldnt gain anything back... And now here i am 274 lbs trying all over again, my best advice is to keep going, never get lazy even when u reach ur goal weight keep eating rite and exceriseing even if its a small workout.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Great to see you back.
    Motivation is fleeting, commitment and determination will carry you through.

You have done it once but was unable to maintain. This time do it in a way that teaches you how to maintain.

Make food choices that are ones you can carry into maintenance.

If it means losing slower so you are not over restricting, lose slower.

Look at what, if anything, triggers overeating and try to change those habits.

If it is just that you enjoy large portions, are a volume eater, look to how you can switch things around so you are eating a larger quantity of low calorie foods- generally filling your plate with more veg.

If you are exercising and not eating those calories back, either start eating those calories (I highly recommend this), or exercise in a way that you can commit to it long term and into maintenance.

Remember every time you yoyo-
    when you lose you lose fat and muscle; when you gain it is mostly fat with only enough muscle to support your extra weight. This can eventually lead to a poorer body composition, and a slightly lower BMR slowing weight loss.

Cheers, h.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!