Need help staying motivated.

Options
Last year I lost a ton of weight. I started to have more confidence and felt good about myself. Since Jan 2017 I have gained all the weight back. Because I just got lazy. How do i keep myself motivated?

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    1. Plan on having family pictures with your kids for Christmas cards? Plan on looking absolutely fabulous by Mid Nov.
    2. Throw away all your fat clothes.
  • SRowe44500
    SRowe44500 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    In Nov 2015 I was 188lb. By Nov. 2016 i was 135lbs. Now as of today I weigh 170lbs
  • xandra47
    xandra47 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Motivation wanes. You need to have the discipline to stick to at least maintenance when that happens.

SO MUCH YES! Screw motivation, discipline is where it's at! And if my slacker *kitten* can cultivate self discipline, anyone can! :)
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes, find what you can stay committed to even on those days when motivation isn't there. Like for example I commit to a bike ride and a walk every day, and I have my fair share of days when I don't feel like doing one or the other (or both!). I commit to monitoring what I eat and how much because this would all be pointless if I didn't. Having an accountability of some sort can also be helpful.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've really embraced the idea that discipline is like a muscle, the more you exercise it the stronger it gets.

Now that I've gotten used to my diet I've begun to feel a sense of satisfaction when checking my diary before bed and seeing that I've stuck to my goals :) I'm also embarrassing loud about bragging to my boyfriend when I make a heathy choice haha Did you see how I walked past that cheese market and didn't buy any! Did you see! I'm so great!

Don't be ashamed to celebrate every success, even 100g lost is great!