Does anyone else find themselves starving?

Options
124»

Replies

• Vanillavirtue
    Vanillavirtue Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    monjones07 wrote: »
    I've recently adapted to a Low Carb/Keto diet. I find myself not craving sugars or junk and I have to remind myself to eat because my appetite has diminished. For me personally, this is the way to go to loose and maintain the weight. Cereal is ALL carbs basically so then you end up hungry sooner and wanting more junk.

I tried the keto before but how do people stay regular as in bowel movements? I have to have my fiber which is in carbs so that's why I stopped the keto. It causes constipation.

I had very few bowel on Keto for 4 months. It would be like once every 3-4 days. Very uncomfortable,! Then as soon as I switched to full blown high carb, fasting diet- BOOM! It came like clockwork once a day as before! So yeah.. I hard a difficult time on keto on BM.

• Vanillavirtue
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've recently adapted to a Low Carb/Keto diet. I find myself not craving sugars or junk and I have to remind myself to eat because my appetite has diminished. For me personally, this is the way to go to loose and maintain the weight. Cereal is ALL carbs basically so then you end up hungry sooner and wanting more junk.

I tried the keto before but how do people stay regular as in bowel movements? I have to have my fiber which is in carbs so that's why I stopped the keto. It causes constipation.

I had very few bowel on Keto for 4 months. It would be like once every 3-4 days. Very uncomfortable,! Then as soon as I switched to full blown high carb, fasting diet- BOOM! It came like clockwork once a day as before! So yeah.. I hard a difficult time on keto on BM.

That's a way of your body letting you know that's not an ideal diet. I can lose weight all different kind of ways but I'm not going to do anything that makes me constipated or feel yucky. Also, when I was doing Keto my blood pressure went through the roof! I immediately stopped that diet. I don't know who's endorsing that diet but I don't think it's doctors. Even with the south beach diet that was a doctor who came up with that diet, which is a healthier low carb diet but Keto hasn't been suggested by that many doctors. Except a few on YouTube but they haven't written a book or even done research. Actually, more plant based/high carb dieters are thinner than people I've seen attempting to do Keto. So I would lean more towards plant based than anything else.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Are you missing fiber? Protein for breakfast and cereal for lunch doesn't seem like a diet that includes much plant matter... :-P

Also yes I get cravings and hunger pangs like no other around my period. Also during my fertile window, I can't do my typical 16:8 IF and need to eat more frequently. Most nutritional research is on men so it doesn't cover how your body's needs will change over the course of the month.
  • theresejesu
    theresejesu Posts: 120 Member
    Options

That's a way of your body letting you know that's not an ideal diet. I can lose weight all different kind of ways but I'm not going to do anything that makes me constipated or feel yucky. Also, when I was doing Keto my blood pressure went through the roof! I immediately stopped that diet. I don't know who's endorsing that diet but I don't think it's doctors. Even with the south beach diet that was a doctor who came up with that diet, which is a healthier low carb diet but Keto hasn't been suggested by that many doctors. Except a few on YouTube but they haven't written a book or even done research. Actually, more plant based/high carb dieters are thinner than people I've seen attempting to do Keto. So I would lean more towards plant based than anything else.

I don't know how one can tell who is who or have a high enough sampling to draw such a conclusion and have it be meaningful in anyway just based on their own everyday experience unless the were in some type of nutritional / medical program evaluating said people.

Infrequent bm's are not the fault of a keto diet, but not doing incorrectly, ie getting enough roughage or water or movement.

There is no reason one can't do keto and have regular bowel movements.

One needs to make sure they are getting enough water and salt, and other electrolytes, as Lego diets are naturally somewhat diuretic. Of course physical movement/exercise always helps with moving bowels, and some find coffee does as well.

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options

I don't know how one can tell who is who or have a high enough sampling to draw such a conclusion and have it be meaningful in anyway just based on their own everyday experience unless the were in some type of nutritional / medical program evaluating said people.

Infrequent bm's are not the fault of a keto diet, but not doing incorrectly, ie getting enough roughage or water or movement.

One needs to make sure they are getting enough water and salt, and other electrolytes, as Lego diets are naturally somewhat diuretic. Of course physical movement/exercise always helps with moving bowels, and some find coffee does as well.

I followed keto very strict, ate alot of leafy greens, drank tons of water.. it just messed with my BM. Some bodies are better on keto, some are not. I ran 3-4 times a week, did resistance, ect.. so I definitely was active and mobile. Bowel issues are very common among ketoers.
  • theresejesu
    theresejesu Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I followed keto very strict, ate alot of leafy greens, drank tons of water.. it just messed with my BM. Some bodies are better on keto, some are not. I ran 3-4 times a week, did resistance, ect.. so I definitely was active and mobile. Bowel issues are very common among ketoers.

I'm curious, did you use pre- and pro- biotics? Im also curious if you were eating pastured animal products?
  • Vanillavirtue
    Options

Actually, you did the modified Keto version and still had issues. The real Keto diet doesn't allow any carbs. I attempted the real Keto and that was a bunch of mess and my blood pressure went up. So people around here talking about doing Keto and they better hope it's safe.
  • Vanillavirtue
    Options

It is the diet that causes constipation no matter what different ways you do it. The modified Keto, which some people opt to do, has some carbs in it and people still have issues with their system. The keto diet is potentially dangerous because for you have to watch your electrolytes and be careful how you reintroduce carbs coming off of the diet, means it's something you probably don't need to do. One doctor that endorses the keto diet did say that people run the risk of getting kidney stones when they do real Keto diet & not the modified version. So it's too risky of a diet and for people to jump on the bandwagon without really researching it or the lack of research on the diet, says enough in itself.