Which app should I log in?

Options
maryjh1976
maryjh1976 Posts: 146 Member
So I have myfitnesspal and fitbit linked (I have the alta). I log my food intake in mfp, but what about water intake and exercises my fitbit doesn't pick up like the recumbent bike or weights, or sometimes even the darn treadmill? Should I log them into mfp or fitbit?

Replies

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I think the general rule to log all exercise through fitbit and let fitbit do the adjustment. I log water intake through MFP but it doesnt always link to fitbit some days it does others it doesnt. Some people dont log water at all.
  • maryjh1976
    maryjh1976 Posts: 146 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Water is a struggle for me. But I have been putting it into mfp, but you are right it doesn't always sync correctly back to fitbit.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I've never tried doing the water through fitbit, maybe tomorrow Ill try and see if it syncs better. But I do all exercises through fitbit and let it handle the adjustment.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Food related on MFP.

Movement related on Fitbit, if manual logging to correct workouts is needed.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I think it depends what kind of exercise you're doing. Fitbit is great for running, cardio, walking but weights and yoga are never picked up. When I had a Fitbit flex (which is just a pedometer) I logged extra exercise in MFP but I have a Fitbit with an HR monitor now so i log the extra in Fitbit.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I log everything on MFP and it synchs with Fitbit. Not always the exact details, like which workout exactly but it logs THAT I've worked out and that's enough for me.

I think MFP also specifically tells you to log through them, not FB, and also to remember to log the exact times, so steps and burnt cals won't count double through FB.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    iamunicoon wrote: »
    I log everything on MFP and it synchs with Fitbit. Not always the exact details, like which workout exactly but it logs THAT I've worked out and that's enough for me.

I think MFP also specifically tells you to log through them, not FB, and also to remember to log the exact times, so steps and burnt cals won't count double through FB.

MFP asks you to log everything here for the advertising revenue. Many prefer to log exercise in Fitbit as it seems to have a more accurate calorie count.