What is your activity level set to

Options
Hey guys could someone give me an idea of what there activity level looks like when not very active. ?

Replies

• thomasegbert09
    thomasegbert09 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I changed mine from lightly active to active. My caloric intake increased 400.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have mine at sedentary.

I work at home and am seated a lot of the time.
    I also do quite a bit of gardening.
    I don't use a tracker so no idea of my daily steps.

I usually workout 1hr a day.

When I use the MFP calorie goal I log and eat my exercise calories on top of my sedentary calories.

When my exercise was consistent I used a TDEE calculator and included my exercise in the calculations.

Cheers, h.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I set mine as active. During the school year I walk to and from the school six times a day, when I had a Fitbit I'd often get 10,000 steps by 11 am, I like to be active and doing stuff so it makes sense for me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    I am sedentary. Aside from what I consider exercise, I probably only manage 5000 steps a day.

• kierasayshi
    kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Im lightly active Mon-Thursday, as I average over 7000 to 9000 steps, but Friday-Sunday I tend to be more sedentary with 5000 steps or fewer. I have a premium account so I'm able to adjust my daily calorie needs accordingly
  • Kida_Johnson
    Kida_Johnson Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I set mine to sedentary. Without a workout I'm lucky to get 5000 steps during the day.
  • Tashanicole444
    Tashanicole444 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What should I set mine to my steps including workout are 18000-20000 steps a day
  • Tashanicole444
    Options
    O guess I should say my steps are 14000 without exercise.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    O guess I should say my steps are 14000 without exercise.

If your 14000 steps are at your work or are an everyday thing (meaning not purposely for exercise) than I'd say lightly active. I chose sedentary bc my job is to sit at a computer screen all day. All steps I take I count as exercise.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm set at sedentary. I prefer to see my calories increase, rather than get taken away. Which happens at lightly active and above, no matter how many thousands of steps i get everyday, which is usually 13k-15k.

ETA- I have my fitbit synced to mfp, so my post may not be relevant to you OP.
  • Tashanicole444
    Options
    I see steps get logged on top and increase claories via Mfp
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Royce284 wrote: »
    I see steps get logged on top and increase claories via Mfp

Yep, that's what is supposed to happen. You earned them, you eat them :smile:
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I set mine at sedentary. I exercise more than 2 hours most days, but it's all purposeful.

I thought that with the amount of walking, etc. I do, I should probably set to lightly active, but I started getting confused about whether my 15-minute grocery store runs counted now, or whether all my exercise no longer counted, and if not, then what did... and I just decided to stick with sedentary and eat back half my exercise burns. So far, that's working out well.
  • kierasayshi
    kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mtp activity levels don't include purposely exercise. So the daily life things like grocery shopping, walking around work, etc are included. When in doubt, just set it to sedentary.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I set mine at sedentary as I have a desk job but I also run 5 x weekly, swim 3 x weekly, ride my bike a often as is practical and hit the gym a couple of times a week (I've been seduced by triathlons and am training for a marathon in October) and I eat back most of my exercise calories (I have a reasonably high level of confidence in the estimates my Garmin gives me) and I don't log things like daily dog walking etc.