Subway Turkey Sandwich?

Options
I eat at Subway a lot and I usually get the Veggie Delite but I'd like a bit of a change. I would switch to their Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast but it's not available in my country...so how unhealthy is the Turkey ? I rarely ever eat processed deli meat and I'm not sure if it would be a good decision to include on a regular basis. Thanks!

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    on e thing is don't put all the extras on it only mustard
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Six-Inch Sandwich

The 6-inch turkey breast sandwich from Subway contains 280 calories, including 30 calories from fat, according to Subway. The sandwich has 3.5 grams of total fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 920 mg of sodium, 47 grams of total carbohydrates and 19 grams of protein.

info from live strong.com
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Foot-Long Sandwich

A foot-long turkey sub has 570 calories, with 60 calories from fat, according to Subway. This sandwich also has 7 grams of total fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 1,830 mg of sodium, 94 grams of total carbohydrates and 35 grams of protein.

Condiments and Extras

Subway calculates nutritional values based on a sub built with wheat bread and containing tomatoes, lettuce, green peppers, onions and cucumbers. Anything else you add to your sandwich adds to the calorie total. For example, on a 6-inch sub, cheese adds 40 to 60 calories, depending on the type you choose. Mayonnaise adds 110 calories; light mayo adds 50 calories. Adding mustard to your 6-inch sandwich increases the calorie total by 5.

LIvestrong.com
  • be_patient
    be_patient Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    it's actually pretty healthy, and the lowest cal meat sub.
    THe Subway website has this thing where you cna create your own sub and it tells you about the nutrition info.
    Just skip the cheese, use wheat and skip the sauce.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    When I'm hungry I skip the 12" and get double meat sandwiches instead. I still add mayo and sub sauce though. Pick your battles, you can make anything "work" you just can't make EVERYTHING work.