Apple Watch and MyFitnessPal

For the past month and half MyFitnessPal has not been tracking my steps/workouts via my Apple Watch. I have made sure that all motion/fitness tracking is still enabled on Apple health, watch and MyFitnessPal. I have even recalibrated the watch & nothing. Anyone else having the same issue??

Replies

• brandiwijn
    brandiwijn Posts: 2 Member
    I'm having the same issue. No matter what I do, the app is tracking from my phone.
  • lorraine_neal
    lorraine_neal Posts: 1 Member
    I'm completely new to this app -- and so far - that is my greatest disappointment -- I'm considering cancelling this app....have you found it worthwhile? Or a waste of $$
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Try deleting the MFP app and re-downloading it. That often fixes bugs like this.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    How is your activity level set? If sedentary, it starts picking up steps at maybe 5000. I'm set at moderate, so it doesn't count steps from my watch until I hit 10k
  • TilKingdomCome
    TilKingdomCome Posts: 89 Member
    Mine is still linked but since the last watch update I’ve been having issues with the message function on it and have had to turn the watch off and on several times to reset.

Mine picks up all my steps no matter how few I’ve done or what my activity level is. I’ve seen 20 steps on there before and I’m lightly active. It won’t readjust the calories though (into a positive number) unless I surpass the required steps for that level.

Sorry OP not much help but each time this has happened to me in the past I’ve managed to play around with the settings as you’ve done and/or delete/turn off things and it seems to work eventually.

Hope it gets sorted soon
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2017
    I was about to go through the steps and went to look at my own setup and I don't see my Watch or Health app listed in the apps section of either the MFP website or the app, which it used to be. Weirdness, my workouts are most definitely still coming through. I do sometimes find that I have to close and restart the app to get things moving.

When you go to your Health app on the phone, and Sources, do you see MFP in there?