2»

Replies

• sinead29
    sinead29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    sinead29 wrote: »
    dalerst wrote: »
    I've deloaded at the minute to concentrate on my form I'm at the same point as you, been doing it 7 weeks and once i hit 70kg on squats my form dropped massively so I've deload back to 60 on squat and 75 on deadlift.

Im back in the gym this evening so im going to deload aswell and really concentrate on form. Will you gradually build back up or start back at the weight you were on? Also how do you know what weight to deload to?

Just gradually work back up. I usually deload to a certain percentage of my one rep max, say 60% or so. In this case, since you're new, just shave off some pounds. What's that on your squat, 165? Try 125 or something. You'll be back up there before you know it.

When I was doing 5x5 I wasn't hitting depth. Taking weight off is the best thing I ever did. Soon I was hitting competition depth and squatting more than I ever had.

Thanks for the great advice , im super motivated to get past paralell this evening, going to nail it !!
  • sinead29
    sinead29 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've deloaded at the minute to concentrate on my form I'm at the same point as you, been doing it 7 weeks and once i hit 70kg on squats my form dropped massively so I've deload back to 60 on squat and 75 on deadlift.

Im back in the gym this evening so im going to deload aswell and really concentrate on form. Will you gradually build back up or start back at the weight you were on? Also how do you know what weight to deload to?

I'm gradually working back up. I deloaded to the weight where I felt my form was much better then took 5kg off, so for me I went to 55kg on the squat but now at 60kg and 65kg on deadlift now on 75kg. All mine is done at home so I am doing a couple of days on the same weight but increased the reps to 7 instead of 5.

Yeah i think ill go to 50 kg on my squat so i can really perfect my form
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options

Just gradually work back up. I usually deload to a certain percentage of my one rep max, say 60% or so. In this case, since you're new, just shave off some pounds. What's that on your squat, 165? Try 125 or something. You'll be back up there before you know it.

When I was doing 5x5 I wasn't hitting depth. Taking weight off is the best thing I ever did. Soon I was hitting competition depth and squatting more than I ever had.

Thanks for the great advice , im super motivated to get past paralell this evening, going to nail it !!

Wear some flat shoes if you can
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Wear some flat shoes if you can

Or wear nothing on your feet.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    on the deadlift idk how it feels to you. but it looked to me like the slope on your shoes was tipping your weight forwards towards your toes, instead of keeping it all level right over the middle part of your foot. so there's a thought.

on the squat (if there have been subsequent vids i havent' seen them) one thing that struck me was that when you stood up to unrack the bar it looked to me like you were sort of afraid of the weight. know what i mean? it felt like you were kind of asking its permission to be unracked and then waiting to see if it was okay with the bar after you'd already stood up with it. so a better approach would be to spend extra time under it and not unrack until you already know you feel tight enough to just tell it 'okay barbell. here we go'.

i'm describing this in the kinds of terms my own mind understands :tongue:.