Thai food help

Going for a coworker's bdsy celebration to a Thai restaurant. I want to keep my intake around 300 calories. Any suggestions ?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    Som Tam is my favourite Thai dish, and also one of the lowest calories. Spicy green papaya salad with tomato, long beans, dried shrimp and a sweet spicy fish sauce dressing.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    300 is pretty dang low for a restaurant meal, so you'll prob have to order an entrée and only eat part of it. In my experience, Thai restaurants don't get as greasy as, say, Chinese or Mexican, so you can probably do okay if you stick to nice fresh veg entrees and avoid fried appetizers.
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Som Tam is my favourite Thai dish, and also one of the lowest calories. Spicy green papaya salad with tomato, long beans, dried shrimp and a sweet spicy fish sauce dressing.

The majority of westerners can't handle Som Tam's spiciness :lol:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    King_Spicy wrote: »

The majority of westerners can't handle Som Tam's spiciness :lol:

LOL, I have a cast iron mouth and stomach, I love it. Hotter the better!!
  • monica_delarosa
    monica_delarosa Posts: 22 Member
    I would do a side soup that is broth base and a side salad. Otherwise you can eat a veggie dish with rice and add extra exercise for more calories.