Healthy Thai Option under 300 calories?

Need to take a coworker out for her birthday. Any suggestions on what I can order that is balanced and under 300 calories?

Replies

• King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    edited July 2017
    Som Tam is about 100 calories per cup. The satay chicken appetizer is about 40-50 calories per skewer. The spicy crispy catfish may be between 300-350 calories as well
  • King_Spicy
    Also just came across this, which may give you an idea of other items

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/tasty-thai/4125
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Maybe something like Pad-Ped Jae which is pretty low cal (until you eat the rice, anyways).
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Why so few calories? Is that typically what you eat for a meal, seems tiny.
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    Probably nothing with rice or noodles... might be able to get away with a couple of fresh spring rolls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OR eat what you want because we don't go to Thai restaurants for soup and salads :* ! Maybe eat only half your meal or something!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Probably nothing with rice or noodles... might be able to get away with a couple of fresh spring rolls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OR eat what you want because we don't go to Thai restaurants for soup and salads :* ! Maybe eat only half your meal or something!

Speak for yourself - the Tom Kha Gai at my favorite Thai place is just about the best thing in the world.

No idea what the calories are. I get it and eat it and enjoy it and just skip the rice. It's probably okay - coconut milk soup with lemongrass and chicken.
  • King_Spicy
    Most of the thai people in my family go to thai restaurants for the boat noodles..so soup myth is dispelled :wink:
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    I go with Kra Prow Gai Sub - it's super spicy, which helps you to slow down and not inhale your food. Ground chicken, basil, fresh chili, an over easy fried egg and fish sauce. I skip the rice and my estimation is that it comes in close to 300 for a lunch portion.