Adding Silken tofu to protein shake. Is it overkill?

Options
ashbabe25
ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast but I'm finding myself starving a few hours later. Would adding silken tofu to my blended shake be protein overkill or would this help me stay fuller longer? I've tried squeezing in something between breakfast and lunch but it's not always possible.

Advise?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you're just one of those people who don't get much satisfaction from drinking their meals? I'm this way. How do you feel when you eat a breakfast you can chew?
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My understanding is liquid calories tend to be less satiating than solid food calories simply because they can clear the stomach faster.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you're just one of those people who don't get much satisfaction from drinking their meals? I'm this way. How do you feel when you eat a breakfast you can chew?

This used to fill me up just fine... I haven't sat down and had a breakfast meal in months (really) but I've never been a big breakfast eater, so this is the one thing that really gets me to have something in the morning.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ashbabe25 wrote: »

This used to fill me up just fine... I haven't sat down and had a breakfast meal in months (really) but I've never been a big breakfast eater, so this is the one thing that really gets me to have something in the morning.

Well, if you think more protein in your shake might help, it won't hurt to try. It would only be overkill if it was crowding out something else that you needed or if it caused you to go over your calorie goal.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't think that putting silken tofu in your protein drink would be overkill. I think the only way you will find out if it will make you a little fuller is to try it. I do this on occasion and I find that it doesn't make me any more full, but then again my shakes are full of other stuff outside of protein powder and water/other liquids. I think that each person is different with what satiates their stomach.