Options
2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    bodwomon wrote: »
    tinyvipers wrote: »
    This is my fourth serious attempt to lose weight and I'm stuck around 128-130lbs yet again. I always shed the first 20lbs quite easily but feel like I've plateaued here. I've weighed my food, counted my calories more religiously (1100-1300cal a day) and added intensity to my workouts but have only dropped 0.4lbs over the past week. Getting extremely frustrated now to be honest.

A week isn't a plateau, it's normal. Get frustrated after 6 weeks. You're probably going to see the scale appear to stall because the losses will be smaller and more prone to masking from water weight fluctuations.

I'm getting discouraged so soon because it doesn't make any logical sense to me:

There is so much about the human body and how it functions that is not logical. One of those is water retention and weight loss. WHY does the body lose too much water at the beginning of eating lower calorie? WHY does it wait 3-6 weeks to put it back on? WHY does weigh loss NOT happen in a straight line? Ask anyone who has lost a significant amount of weight and they will tell you it is a series of losing, waiting through a temporary stall, lose more, wait through another stall, and further onward. As long as your average is where you targeted, you are doing good even if you stall for a couple of weeks. A plateau is 4 or more weeks with NO CHANGE in weight OR measurements. You are NOT in a plateau if you have lost 1/2 lb in a week.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    bodwomon wrote: »
    tinyvipers wrote: »
    This is my fourth serious attempt to lose weight and I'm stuck around 128-130lbs yet again. I always shed the first 20lbs quite easily but feel like I've plateaued here. I've weighed my food, counted my calories more religiously (1100-1300cal a day) and added intensity to my workouts but have only dropped 0.4lbs over the past week. Getting extremely frustrated now to be honest.

A week isn't a plateau, it's normal. Get frustrated after 6 weeks. You're probably going to see the scale appear to stall because the losses will be smaller and more prone to masking from water weight fluctuations.

I'm getting discouraged so soon because it doesn't make any logical sense to me:

I do 1 hour of yoga daily + 30 min of butt and thighs training 3 days a week (TTS) + 60 min of treadmill walking at 1.0 incline and 4.2mi/h 3 days a week (MWF).

The math simply doesn't add up which is why I keep thinking this is an actual plateau. Regardless, I plan on continuing my healthy diet + exercise regime until the end of August. Fingers crossed!

How many calories are you estimating for the above exercise... Back of the notebook, that's less than 300 extra calories a day. Although MFP and several other sites give much higher estimation.