100+ to lose and keep it off

Options
Hi, I'm new but not new. I have gained and lost so much weight but wind up fatter each time. So I went with a username that is what's in my head. I have at least 100 pounds to lose. This time I'm going to NOT weigh weekly. I know that is against everything that anyone has ever said or done but it's too hard. The first few weeks are great, then the stoppage and I feel like crap because I did everything 'right' but didn't lose, or didn't lose much. Screw that. I'm going for 5 pounds a month. That's it. Just taking this 5 pounds at a time. I weighed in today at 255. I will weigh in on 8/20 and want to see 250. I have some physical limitations on exercise but nutrition is 90% of the battle anyway. I am now 47 years old and I should be where I want to be by 49 or so and then can maintain for almost a year. Then when I'm 50 I'll treat myself to any potential lifting that will be needed if you know what I mean. I can do this. I would like your support and if you'd friend me or whatever it is called here please do!

Replies

• justlosingtheweight
    justlosingtheweight Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 100plus, it is very hard with my depression anxiety ocd and sleep problems because my energy levels motivation etc all get affected. I am not really into fad diets but I have ordered myself some chocolate protein shake powder today to replace one or 2 meals daily I hope it works out
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm sure I have depression too. I don't like the idea of taking meds so I haven't tried to deal with it medically. I know losing the weight won't help, but I guess fat and depressed is worse than fit and depressed. I can't imagine getting to 50 and still being this overweight. My physical self is already breaking down from the strain and it won't get any easier. I think we'll be great support for each other, I appreciate you reaching out.
  • Alexandriakay676
    Alexandriakay676 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 100+, but even getting out of the 200's will be amazing, I am 45, and I dont think i have seen 199 or less since about 30... and i am simply tired, tired of being tired, tired of being called "pretty but big", tired of being the biggest in the room, tired of worrying about fitting in an airplane seat... and on, and on.. and on. I too am looking for some real folks to connect with and start being accountable to, and for. I am retrying this MFP thing again, but this time reaching out. Glad to meet you both!
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 100+, but even getting out of the 200's will be amazing, I am 45, and I dont think i have seen 199 or less since about 30... and i am simply tired, tired of being tired, tired of being called "pretty but big", tired of being the biggest in the room, tired of worrying about fitting in an airplane seat... and on, and on.. and on. I too am looking for some real folks to connect with and start being accountable to, and for. I am retrying this MFP thing again, but this time reaching out. Glad to meet you both!

I'm glad we are so close in age. Staring down 50 is a totally different hurdle with this much to lose. I feel like if I don't get my act together by then, including being on maintenance for a while I'm afraid I never will.