I've fallen off

Options
What do you do when it feel like you want to eat more but are full? Willpower right? What do tell yourself?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I agree that a walk is a great way to take your mind off it. It gives you time to think. Or, just go to bed. It happens to me (like last night) that I'm uncomfortably full, but just keep eating. It tends to be that I'll eat something sweet, then want salty and so on in a vicious cycle.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Also walk. If I leave myself to it I can really become fixated on food when I'm not hungry and just crave until it feels impossible. A walk breaks that up
  • emiliant18
    emiliant18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I usually just go away from where the food is, for instance if what I want is in the pantry, I'll go upstairs just to distance myself
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I occupy myself with something else. I will crochet or walk or chew gum. I basically busy myself. If I have calories left and may have a snack with protein.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I log it to see what effect it will have. Sometimes that puts me off.

Sometimes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat, sometimes I don't. If you want to succeed in this "game", you have to understand willpower. You can't willpower through all the temptations of a modern life. You will need a good structure, good habits, a healthy attitude. This takes a lot of work, and not the kind of work you normally read about in blogs and women's magazines. Stick around the forums, soak up wisdom. It can be really exciting.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Log it. Work it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I'm in that scenario, it's usually when my calories are low and I've not had my "dessert" yet. The last pre-logged meal may put me over 150 for the day, but I'll eat it anyway.

If I'm only in a 250 calorie deficit I DO NOT do that lol.