OH NO!

Options
I'm dieting well and losing weight, it's past midnight and my Wife was craving Kraft Dinner. I had a small bowl of it, and after logging it I'm still under my calories. How much of my diet did I ruin? How to recover from it? Best way not to feel/see the bloat from it in the morning?

Replies

• jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So as long as I'm under my calories for the day, regardless of what I eat or what time I eat it, I won't gain any weight right? For example I ate super clean and well today, drank 3.5litres of water and was way below my calorie count. Then midnight came and I ate mac and cheese as well as some white rice and meat lol I got so hungry. But after logging it, I'm still under my calories for the day. I'm so worried about what I'll feel or look like In a couple of days. Should I do cardio in the morning? Drink more water?
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    I'm just paranoid that's all lol
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    You are still under. Now I got to ask , how many calories did you have today?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Don't be. Not about this. As others have said, you should be eating your full calorie budget. As long as you're in a deficit, the weight is going to come off. But if you weren't eating way under your calories, odds are you wouldn't have been super-hungry at midnight in the first place.

Not sure what "super-clean" means. Clean eating has so many interpretations, it's pretty much meaningless. But eating a few treats/foods that are higher-calorie with fewer nutrients won't hurt anything so long as you are eating below maintenance. High sodium foods might make you retain water for a few days, but that's about it.
  • jaysanchez4
    Options

I'm at about 1500 right now, but I'm not even sure the food I ate was more than it says on mfp

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    We've all been there. :wink:
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    Don't be "way under" your calories. That means you're not eating enough and will leave you hungry and cause you to, oh, I don't know - stuff your face with instant mac and cheese in the middle of the night?

Feed yourself. Food is good.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,206 Member
    Options
    I'm dieting well and losing weight, it's past midnight and my Wife was craving Kraft Dinner. I had a small bowl of it, and after logging it I'm still under my calories. How much of my diet did I ruin? How to recover from it? Best way not to feel/see the bloat from it in the morning?

Um ... you were still under your calories? In what way was your diet ruined??

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,206 Member
    Options
    So as long as I'm under my calories for the day, regardless of what I eat or what time I eat it, I won't gain any weight right? For example I ate super clean and well today, drank 3.5litres of water and was way below my calorie count. Then midnight came and I ate mac and cheese as well as some white rice and meat lol I got so hungry. But after logging it, I'm still under my calories for the day. I'm so worried about what I'll feel or look like In a couple of days. Should I do cardio in the morning? Drink more water?

You don't lose weight by eating clean.

You lose weight by staying under your calories.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

I'm at about 1500 right now, but I'm not even sure the food I ate was more than it says on mfp

Use a digital scale for all your intake. This way you will be sure.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It does take a while to accept that indulgence and weight loss can go hand in hand, and that you don't have to feel deprived to lose weight. I'm still trying to get my head around it myself but so far it's working and I can't argue with that!
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Stepped on the scale this morning and noticed a 1.5 weight gain ! Water weight?
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    water weight.