What's people's thoughts on Intermittent Fasting (i.e. 16:8)

Options
kmaf2018
kmaf2018 Posts: 124 Member
Hi All

I was thinking of doing this, not for weight loss reasons as I'm already losing weight but more for the health benefits such as better sleep, more energy, your body repairing itself etc, good for your digestive system...(This is what I've read on it up to now)

My friends been doing it and she feels great.

Just wanted to see if others on here have tried it or are currently doing it? What have been the pro's and con's or is it even worth it?

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You will get mixed reviews. I love it, many people do. But a lot are very critical of it
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I don't know how well researched the benefits you stated are, but it is an effective way for many to achieve a caloric deficit. You're less likely to overeat when you limit yourself to a smaller window.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Like every other way of eating, it has its adherents and detractors. So long as you're in a calorie deficit, the weight will come off. How you get there (within reason!) is up to you. And if IF makes it easy for you to stay within your calories for the day, then go for it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If it improves your sleep, sign me up.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I use IF - I'm a fan of it for dietary adherence. But, my searches of studies (limited to human, iso-calorific studies only) didn't yield any benefits over other eating patterns.