Holy blisters!

Options
I got this horrible blister in the back of my foot and a lot of times I get them on the bottom of my feet .. obviously my sneakers are not the greatest! I walk outside and the treadmill..

Do I need to still go to a running store and get properly fitted for better sneakers even though I don't run .? I just want to get sneakers that won't hurt my feet like that .

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I got bad blisters on my feet and toes from walking briskly on pavement. First thing, I quit using brisk walking on pavement as exercise. Second thing, I got new insoles in some of my shoes. If you want new shoes, go ahead and get them.
  • aliry209
    aliry209 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ! I don't wear special socks and that's why I do want to get fitted because my sneakers seem to slide a lot like maybe too big too wide etc ..
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Good socks and good shoes are the best investment any walker or runner can make. Yes- go to a running store!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Go to your running store and get fitted for specific walking shoes/trainers
    Unlike the shoes that are used for running with a wider heel, built for a high impact strike, a walking shoe has a narrower, rounded heel to accommodate the lower impact rolling strike of a walker.

Make sure you get your gait analyzed.

Cheers, h.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I definitely recommend getting fitted! Like you said it sounds like your shoes are not the right size, at a legitimate running store they will be able to tell you which shoes will fit your foot best in every way. Walking long distances is no joke :) if you can invest in good shoes your feet will thank you.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Absolutely go get fitted for proper shoes. AND get good socks. Go to a real running store where people are properly trained to fit you - not a big chain. Tell them you walk and they will get you started with the proper shoes. Take all the time you need and try on as many different brands as you need. Be prepared to pay over $100 for them but it is worth every penny.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Be sure to stress that you are a walker, not a runner. It can make a difference in the type of shoe, because the heel/foot strike is different. Not all salespeople know or care, especially if they have mostly running shoes in stock in your size. Better yet, go to a walking shoe store.