First time and about time I'm on a diet

Options
Sheetal37
Sheetal37 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone, thought I'd say hello. New to this and dieting! Love my food soooooo much, and at 37 and decided I need to lose weight!

Replies

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Welcome!! Don't think of it as a diet rather a lifestyle change. I love food as well and started my journey at the tender age of 40....3 years ago! Just so you know...you can still love food...just not as much of it!!
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    We're all on diets.....whether they are good/bad deficit or surplus. But yeah, what @Joanna2012B said.
  • Sheetal37
    Sheetal37 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Joanna,
    Thanks for the message. I'm loving it so far, but I think it's because I'm on Diet Chef and all the hard work of thinking of what to make has been done for me. That was one of my big problems, not being bothered to think of what to make. I don't think I, and we as a family ate y healthy, it was just the portion sizes! Plus I'm a huge love of cheese and wine......I've started exercising too, I'm feeling totally motivated xx
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a hard thing to come by...so that is awesome that you've got it!! MFP taught me portion control, that was my downfall before too. Mmmm Cheese!!! I have that for lunch today!!!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I love food too!! The key is getting used to accounting for portion sizes and frequency of certain foods. And make small changes that make you feel good instead of deprived, like bringing fruit as a snack instead of chips, etc. Don't be afraid to experiment with different ways of eating, but don't think you have to make extreme and permanent changes in order to get healthy.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Once you are cooking for yourself, try magazines or books such as Cooking Light or others of the same vein to give you ideas so you don't have to think it up on your own.