Should I buy fitness band?

Options
Will a fitness band be good to track my activity or a pedometer in phone is quite fine ?I am thinking about buying one ,but at the same time worrying about the rays from it .(as I have wear it all day long)

Replies

• Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I find a Fitbit, with heart rate monitor really helped me stay active. I strive to keep my number of steps higher when I wear it and thus I move more and use more calories.

I won't worry about the rays, whatever you think they are. I don't wear mine at night. The light disturbs my sleep.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    My phone is old and doesn't hold its charge so I bought a cheap band. I can turn off the wrist sense so the light doesn't bother me at night. I also can peek at my steps more easily cuz it's right there!
  • puzzledstill
    puzzledstill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just use phone. iPhone 5s.
    I like to wear a watch and bracelets so the bands aren't something I'd want to wear all of the time. It's just what works for you. Good Luck.
  • SeptemberRain81
    SeptemberRain81 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I find that wearing my fitbit does make me more aware of moving. If I wear it, I'm more apt to walk more and be more active.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Will a fitness band be good to track my activity or a pedometer in phone is quite fine ?I am thinking about buying one ,but at the same time worrying about the rays from it .(as I have wear it all day long)

Naa. You don't need a pedometer. That is calculated in when you enter your activity level, unless you are doing some vigerous separate walking exercises.

The heart monitors are good, but that just tells you if you're getting more proficient at the exercises that you're doing.

I guess the question you should ask yourself is "how much more scientific do I want to be?"
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit. When i first bought it i was really quite upset to see how in active i was if not purposefully exercising
    Now im more mindful about getting up and moving more frequently and the challanges you can join against friends pushes me to do more
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't always carry my phone on me at all times, so for me it would be less accurate. If you do carry yours, though, the apps are usually pretty good. I have a Polar M400 watch with a chest strap, though I rarely use the strap these days. I wear the band even when I sleep, though, and have found it to be pretty accurate with my burn amounts. It keeps me motivated as I like seeing my progress bar fill up every day, plus it beeps at me if I sit too long.
  • KWlosingit
    KWlosingit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I use a fitbit one that clips to my bra. I could never wear something around my wrist all the time. It would bug me. Also the one is nice in that it will not pick up arm movement as walking since it is not on my wrist. However no fancy hear monitor or anything, but I only walk so I don't care.