Does anyone else eat a pint (or more) of Arctic Zero or Halo Top per day?

Options
13»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    pielattes1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else eat a pint (or more) of Arctic Zero or Halo Top per day? I would like to add a dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth and I love ice-cream but I have a dairy sensitivity. Does anyone eat these types of ice-cream/faux-ice cream each day, and if so, what are your results? Have you gained weight or do you continue to lose? I don't plan to change anything else in my daily intake or exercise. Please share your experience- it would be helpful! Thanks!

Well, if you're currently in maintenance, you'll definitely gain weight if you eat a pint a day but don't cut back elsewhere.

Why would eating a pint of Arctic Zero (at 150-300 calories a pint) mean you'll definitely gain weight?

If you eat above maintenance you gain weight.

Why would eating that put someone above maintenance unless they eat it in addition to a normal days food? And why would they eat it in addition to the calorie goal and think it isnt going to cause weight gain?

I think I read the original question differently. I assumed it was being eaten within the normal calorie goal.

No, OP said they weren't going to change anything else about their food or exercise except for adding a lot of ice cream. That's why I said if you added the ice cream and didn't cut back elsewhere, you'd gain.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Seems like eating a pint of ice cream daily,should maybe just maybe be the little habits that need to be changed for success. Just a thought.

Or realize that a pint of Halo Top or Arctic Zero is probably more than half the calories of a pint of Ben & Jerrys so you pick your battles, log it, and still stay within your calorie goal. :)

Having said that, I'm a bit afraid to eat a full pint at one time of either because of the sugar alcohol so I try for only a few tablespoons at a time.

Actually most of halo top pints are only a quarter of the calories of a pint of Ben and Jerrys!! :o its amazinggg<333

It's been forever since I've had Ben & Jerrys. I could polish off a pint of heath bar crunch in no time!
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I would have two issues- I'd probably have some digestive issues from the sugar alcohol if I ate more than a half pint, and cost.

It's a sometimes treat for me, and I only eat a half pint in a day.
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    So, for the past week or so I've been eating more like a pint to a pint-and-a-half a day and still maintaining. Arctic Zero is pretty good and I'm still within my macros/nutrition for the day. No disagreeable stomach, and its really tasty.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I wish I could afford to eat a pint of Halo Top or Enlightened a day, but I can't. I've decided to limit these ice creams to either around my TOM or maybe 1-3 pints a month. I am for sure once I find Halo Top's newer pints trying Pancakes & Waffles, Candy Bar, & Cinnamon Roll. Still want to find Enlightened's Chocolate Peanut Butter & Bananas Foster.

For right now I'm just going to make my own protein ice cream concoctions & moderate Edy's Slow Churned & Turkey Hill.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    cosmonew wrote: »
    I like it. BUT do you really need to eat a pint a day? What about banana ice cream...you know mash a banana and freeze it? I also do protein ice cream: protein powder, banana, almond milk, freeze...so good and way cheaper than artic zero.

Banana ice cream depending on the ingredients could have more calories than both Halo Top & Enlightened & just eating a few servings of Slow Churned Edy's.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Seems like eating a pint of ice cream daily,should maybe just maybe be the little habits that need to be changed for success. Just a thought.

Or realize that a pint of Halo Top or Arctic Zero is probably more than half the calories of a pint of Ben & Jerrys so you pick your battles, log it, and still stay within your calorie goal. :)

Having said that, I'm a bit afraid to eat a full pint at one time of either because of the sugar alcohol so I try for only a few tablespoons at a time.

Actually most of halo top pints are only a quarter of the calories of a pint of Ben and Jerrys!! :o its amazinggg<333

It's been forever since I've had Ben & Jerrys. I could polish off a pint of heath bar crunch in no time!

th?id=OIP.iKM05WBZerLh8D0w4pHD8AECEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

This is the last Ben & Jerry's flavor I demolished in one sitting. They need to bring it back!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options

th?id=OIP.iKM05WBZerLh8D0w4pHD8AECEs&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

This is the last Ben & Jerry's flavor I demolished in one sitting. They need to bring it back!

I bet it was so pretty with all the sprinkles. :)

I'm making my way through a pint of Simple Truth Low Cow Lemon Cake which I kind of like better than the Halo Top version.
  • pielattes1
    Options
    Why would eating a pint of Arctic Zero (at 150-300 calories a pint) mean you'll definitely gain weight?[/quote]

If you eat above maintenance you gain weight. [/quote]

@KeithWhiteJr Yes, that is what I was saying

Why would eating that put someone above maintenance unless they eat it in addition to a normal days food? And why would they eat it in addition to the calorie goal and think it isnt going to cause weight gain?

I think I read the original question differently. I assumed it was being eaten within the normal calorie goal.[/quote]

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I did for a while but it just doesn't satisfy me anymore... too artificial tasting I guess. But if it fits in your calorie goal and doesn't make you sick, nothing wrong with that.
  • pielattes1
    Options
    @ashbabe25 Would you send me the info on how to get these coupons? I could really use them (love this stuff!)
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    @pielattes1 message me with your address and I'll send them to you.