Advice

Options
Help me I really want to get into being addicted to weight loss again.Ive gained all my weight back and now im at my heaviest i ever was.Please help im feeling so discouraged .I didnt think id be starting all over again.
I actually want the time to pass so fast so I can see progress

Wishing your days away to get to your goal.I cant enjoy the present when im at my heaviest I am feeling very inpatient atm.I need advice

Replies

• tg16nullity
    tg16nullity Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Just set small short term goals (5-10 lbs) and knock them out one after another. If you slip up, shake it off and get right back to it rather than dwelling on failures. The confidence gained by each victory will be addictive and before you know it you'll find your clothes fitting too loose.
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can do it **high 5**

Just set little goals at a time and then ultimately they will become a BIG goal
  • puzzledstill
    puzzledstill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was thinking exactly what you are.
    Roll on 12 months and I'm down to 'the last 12 lbs'.
    If I can do it anyone can.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You've done it before and you'll do it again! Being impatient isn't going to burn those calories....look forward but don't wish your time away :( You can do this!
  • Gibby349
    Gibby349 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was thinking exactly what you are.
    Roll on 12 months and I'm down to 'the last 12 lbs'.
    If I can do it anyone can.

Well done you .Hope im in your position soon.Any tips or advice on weight loss and staying motivated .
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    You have done it once and gained the weight back.
    This time take the time to really learn good habits that you can carry through to maintenance.

Losing fast probably won't do that. Lose at a goal that is reasonable and sustainable. One that lets you eat, and drink, the things you like in moderation while still hitting you nutrition goals.
    It makes the time in a deficit much pleasanter.

If you exercise, exercise in a way you can carry forward into maintenance too, and eat back those calories. You may have to adjust how many you eat back as most calories burnt through estimators are just estimates.

Cheers, h.
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I wish I could show you a snapshot of my journey.
    I went from 190 lbs to 152 and back up to 215 in a matter of five years.

Now I'm 148 lbs and feeling really great about this final stretch (goal is 140).

The TIME is going to pass REGARDLESS, just keep working and you will *inevitably* get there.
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I was in the same position 6 months ago . But have lost 30 lbs since . 6 months sounds like a long time , but it goes by faster then u think if you stay active / busy / focus on eating as healthy as possible for your body . You can do it ! You figure time will go by no matter what ..why not work towards it ? In 6 months to a year you will be so glad you did ;)