Weight loss

Options
I really need to hear some successful stories of pepple who tried losing weight like 3 times or more and then finally succeeded .I need all the tips info and advice i can get for weight loss .P.s sorry for my third post today I just honestly want this to be my last ever time

Replies

• Skyle33
    Skyle33 Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I wrote a very long message but it didn't save.. long story short: make your own success story by not giving up
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You have to want to lose weight.
    That's it.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Motivation forum. Lots of success stories there. There's even one about NSV (Non-Scale Victories) which celebrate any kind of improvement, like walking more often or fitting into smaller pants. Good luck!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Find out what went wrong in previous attempts and do differently this time. Some rules apply to everybody (like CICO, sustainable habits), but the details/your mileage may vary.

From my personal experience:
    I can't follow a "diet" - I have to feel I'm making all my eating decisions myself.
    I had to understand that the diet world is full of myths and scare and BS, and the food industry full of tricks, and educate myself and take the necessary precautions.
    I had to focus on what's necessary, and what I'm able and willing to do.
    I had to learn how to eat, move and think like a normal weight person.
    I had to get rid of my fear of the scales.
    I had to understand the importance of time, frequency and balance in living a healthy life, and stop thinking on/off, healthy/unhealthy, good/bad, all-or-nothing, black-and-white, all-is-lost-and-everything-is-going-to-hell-so-I-need-to-eat-this-to-feel-better.