Anyone currently pregnant and using MFP?

Options
Bex953172
Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
I'm within the first 12 weeks of my 3rd pregnancy.
Although I'm overjoyed at another child I can't shake the feeling of being disheartened by the goals I had set. My goal was 30lb lighter than I currently am, and I was trying to achieve that with a 1200 calorie daily target.

Needless to say I've never been more unmotivated. I was eating healthier and exercising regularly before I got pregnant and it's all gone to pot.

If you are pregnant, what are your goals? What is your calorie intake set at?

Replies

• Bex953172
    Options
    I know.
    I need to ask my consultant where I stand with this at my next appointment.

I didn't necessarily mean weight loss goals, just goals in general. What are people striving for? Healthier eating, getting in more fruit and veg, more water, more (light) exercise.
    I'm just pigging out and giving zero f**ks. I need sometime to work for.
    Even if I do eat at maintenance (or whatever my consultant says)
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey, I am almost in the exact same boat! I actually found this thread by searching for "Pregnancy" because I'm just feeling a little lost. My goal was to lose at least 5 pounds a month until October, and then see where I was and where I wanted to be after that. I had about 25-30 pounds I wanted to lose. Then we went on vacation to see family, I gained like, 7 pounds in a week, and found out that I'm carrying our third child. I'm about 9 weeks along according to my lmp, and kind of terrified that all of the very hard work I've put in will be lost. We recently moved and I haven't had a chance to find an OBGYN/Midwife here yet, so I haven't been able to consult a professional about my diet.

So far my goals are to exercise (which I didn't really do at all the last two times) and to only gain baby weight.
    So far my life has been eat everything in sight when I don't feel sick, and not get any exercise in yet.

I'm also kind of hoping that when I do get a doctor (sometime this week) they'll say that it's safe for me to keep my calories at losing half a pound a week or so for a while. Just to kind of get a jumpstart. Right now I have my calories set at maintaining, when I actually log them. XD

The nice thing is that I'm actually a lot more fit now than I was when I got pregnant the first time, and I feel SO much better. I'm hoping that if I can get back on track and keep up a healthier lifestyle that will stay true through the whole pregnancy.
  • angiejim0415
    angiejim0415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had always been 20-30lbs overweight. I had finally started to lose weight when I became pregnant my daughter who is now 9 months. I am now currenly 5 months pregnant with my 3rd. I did lose all my prego weight from my 2nd before getting pregnant again but I am gaining weight much faster with this one than I did my other two. I still have 20wks to go and have already gained 20lbs. So i put my goal to maintain which puts me at 2190 calories.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Hi, join us here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

I still use MFP to make sure my gains are at a reasonable rate.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Hi, join us here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant

I still use MFP to make sure my gains are at a reasonable rate.

Ahh yes! Thank you!! Needed a proper group!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    SaritaJack wrote: »
    Hey, I am almost in the exact same boat! I actually found this thread by searching for "Pregnancy" because I'm just feeling a little lost. My goal was to lose at least 5 pounds a month until October, and then see where I was and where I wanted to be after that. I had about 25-30 pounds I wanted to lose. Then we went on vacation to see family, I gained like, 7 pounds in a week, and found out that I'm carrying our third child. I'm about 9 weeks along according to my lmp, and kind of terrified that all of the very hard work I've put in will be lost. We recently moved and I haven't had a chance to find an OBGYN/Midwife here yet, so I haven't been able to consult a professional about my diet.

So far my goals are to exercise (which I didn't really do at all the last two times) and to only gain baby weight.
    So far my life has been eat everything in sight when I don't feel sick, and not get any exercise in yet.

I'm also kind of hoping that when I do get a doctor (sometime this week) they'll say that it's safe for me to keep my calories at losing half a pound a week or so for a while. Just to kind of get a jumpstart. Right now I have my calories set at maintaining, when I actually log them. XD

The nice thing is that I'm actually a lot more fit now than I was when I got pregnant the first time, and I feel SO much better. I'm hoping that if I can get back on track and keep up a healthier lifestyle that will stay true through the whole pregnancy.

Haha no way are we expecting around the same time!
    I have 2 girls. Praying for a boy!
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    SaritaJack wrote: »
    Haha no way are we expecting around the same time!
    I have 2 girls. Praying for a boy!

Haha, I suddenly don't feel so alone in the world!
    I have one of each, and really don't know which to hope for. I feel like they're going to have to be tough to survive their siblings' love, whoever they are, lol.