Drinking enough water

Options
I was wondering if anyone know any tips for drinking more water?
I always seem to be under the required daily amount unless I exercise that day.

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Carry a water bottle.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    What is your water goal? You might not need all that. Also, juices, coffee, soft drinks, milk, all count.
  • mikeschwerin
    mikeschwerin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use flavor packs. To help me want water lol.
  • theresejesu
    theresejesu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mary90Mary wrote: »

How much salt are you getting?
  • Mary90Mary
    Mary90Mary Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What is your water goal? You might not need all that. Also, juices, coffee, soft drinks, milk, all count.

My water goal is about 2000ml and I usually drink about half. I don't usually drink coffe or milk and I'm trying to quit soda.
    Mary90Mary wrote: »

How much salt are you getting?

I get under the daily amount of sodium about 300gram under
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind you really do NOT have to drink 8 glasses of water a day - although it's a fine thing to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWASUMMQjj8

Saying that, I found a lot of success replacing nearly all my juice or other high cal beverages with water, or water with flavoring.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I actually like water, so I don't know know that this will help you, but I keep a 20 oz bottle of ice water on my desk all day. I drink usually drink that 4 times during my work day. (I also drink 48 ounces of coffee during that time because I love the stuff and it is stinking cold in my office, even when it's 95F outside.)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    This baby right here changed my life when it comes to drinking water. Now I have a minimum of 2.4 litres a day plus anything else I drink on top of that. Did miracles for my weightloss and skin.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Sparkling Water if your trying to quit soda, thats how I quit. I replaced all of my soda with sparkling water and flavored sparkling water. Much cheaper than soda (I can get a 12 pack of sparkling water cans for $1.99) I drink loads of water now because of this.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Try Perrier (lime or lemon) and La Croix (nice zero calorie replacement for soda). I use ice in all my water, and sometimes throw in a slice of lemon. I carry a water bottle with ice water when I'm exercising; it goes with me into the gym, or it's waiting for me in the car to drink after a run.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I actually like water, so I don't know know that this will help you, but I keep a 20 oz bottle of ice water on my desk all day. I drink usually drink that 4 times during my work day. (I also drink 48 ounces of coffee during that time because I love the stuff and it is stinking cold in my office, even when it's 95F outside.)

This^

I keep a water bottle at my desk in the morning, and a water bottle in the fridge for the afternoon. Then at night if I watch TV, I have 1 diet soda, and then a big jug of ice water.

Hot beverages in the summer (for me) are herbal tea. I too work in a cold office.