Replies

• holsxox66
    holsxox66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your advice I really appreciate it! X
  • kgigi36
    kgigi36 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I scheduled a few sessions with a personal trainer to give me a structured routine. Once I knew what I was doing, the anxiety faded. I also try to encourage myself by telling myself that the gym isn't just for fit people. It's where I need to be. Also, try to be consistent. After a bout of illness, I found it was like starting all over anxiety wise. Focus on the routine and for sure bring your music.
  • alexistexas33
    alexistexas33 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Same. Try not to go at peak hours. I got too used to having people go with me I get anxious when I am alone.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Lots of good stuff already
    1. show up dressed.. get your music started before you come in the door... or at least have your headphones on/in and your music ready
    2. start slow(elliptical/stair machine are low threat...I've been going for 20+ years and I still get a little nervous around the treadmill)
    3. plan what you're going to do...
  • dearcassandrab
    dearcassandrab Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I felt the same way when I first started going to the gym. I was so in my head like, "What's Becky over there staring at? Can I even lift? Is this exercise equipment or a medieval torture device?".
    Then one day, another plus size babe that goes there approached me, and told me that seeing me there everyday made her feel better about showing up. It really hit home!
    Girl I know it's so hard with anxiety, but just know that you aren't alone, and you are an inspiration!
    You are doing an amazing thing, and trust me you will get used to it! Especially when you see and feel the results!
    Feel free to add me if you ever have any questions or just want to chat! Kick *kitten* my friend. Kick *kitten*.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I felt the same way when I first started going to the gym. I was so in my head like, "What's Becky over there staring at? Can I even lift? Is this exercise equipment or a medieval torture device?".
    Then one day, another plus size babe that goes there approached me, and told me that seeing me there everyday made her feel better about showing up. It really hit home!
    Girl I know it's so hard with anxiety, but just know that you aren't alone, and you are an inspiration!
    You are doing an amazing thing, and trust me you will get used to it! Especially when you see and feel the results!
    Feel free to add me if you ever have any questions or just want to chat! Kick *kitten* my friend. Kick *kitten*.

Yes, this! I was the same way and I still am, even though I've been going since February and pretty much everyone knows me.......We gotta keep truckin' on though, you'll be alright!