Question Regarding Carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If I over eat carbs and manage to stay under on calories that means I've usually shorted myself some protein. I don't stress about it as a one off but because I have phsyique goals vs strictly weight loss goals I do tend to feel like I'm short changing myself if I do this a couple times a week.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to lose weight and it's going allright, eat all the ice cream you want. - seriously.

First we demonize fat, then sugar, now carbs in general. There's nothing wrong with them by themselves. You'll find that the balance of your macros is important for satiety and that you need carbs for some things like cardio, and need protein for retaining and maintaining muscle and need fats to maintain hormones; so don't feel bad at all by going over a macro goal unless you have another goal besides hitting your weight loss goal. In that case you should feel really, really bad, jk. :tongue:
  • jaysanchez4
    jaysanchez4 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    What's causing this guilt is this morning, I was so hungry and had to find something fast to eat so I bought chicken shawarma on top of rice, it was a large with garlic and hot sauce. I felt so guilty after and am super scared to feel bloated or even look bloated tomorrow. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible to hopefully flush out the sugar from the carbs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What's causing this guilt is this morning, I was so hungry and had to find something fast to eat so I bought chicken shawarma on top of rice, it was a large with garlic and hot sauce. I felt so guilty after and am super scared to feel bloated or even look bloated tomorrow. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible to hopefully flush out the sugar from the carbs.

Why does this scare you though? Bloating is temporary.
  • obsessed135
    obsessed135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you really like rice cause you keep eating it! :) Maybe just plan to fit it into your daily calories!
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My diet is about 60 % carbs and still after a weekend of eating Pizza/donuts/burger/cheesecake and/or fries I gain 3 lbs by Monday that are gone by Wednesday that's my "normal" ;)
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »
    My diet is about 60 % carbs and still after a weekend of eating Pizza/donuts/burger/cheesecake and/or fries I gain 3 lbs by Monday that are gone by Wednesday that's my "normal" ;)

What do you do? Drink a lot of water?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »

What do you do? Drink a lot of water?

You don't have to do anything about water weight. It is perfectly normal for it to come and go based on multiple factors, just one being what you eat and drink. That's how your body works. If you feel uncomfortably bloated, yes making sure you are drinking enough water will help. But it sounds to me like this is all in your head. Every single human being gains and loses water weight every day without ever needing to give it a second thought. We are all trying to tell you - don't worry about it! The weight you want to concern yourself with is fat, and this is controlled by how many calories you eat. :drinker:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Dude! (in my best most supportive and caring vocal tone)Chill!! Water weight comes and goes.Weight (fat) loss is anything but linear. Seriously, Chill! ;)
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    I won't weigh myself tomorrow morning lol I'll wait another day!

Thank You!!!!!
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    Dude! (in my best most supportive and caring vocal tone)Chill!! Water weight comes and goes.Weight (fat) loss is anything but linear. Seriously, Chill! ;)

Yeah, it's definitely time to relax about this. On the scale of things that matter, it's like -3 out of 10.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think alot if people nowadays have such a distorted misconception about carbs because of all the misinformation about how bad carbs are for you - low carb this, no carb that! Seriously, I've been on keto and now I'm on OMAD. ( Eating very high carb- sugary, processed, whatever the f I want carbs). It makes no difference in weight loss! It's CALORIES. Unless you are diabetic or are trying to stay in ketosis, don't worry about having a bowl of rice! I lose weight on occasions when I go all out on cake and cookies..! ITS OK!
  • jaysanchez4
    Options
    Thank You for all this amazing advice!!!!