Weigh ins?

Options
2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I weight daily and use Happy Scale (IOs app) to track a moving average.

I often see a 1kg "gain" after high exercise/high salt/higher carbohydrate days.

Same here although I use Weightgrapher.
  • candicew70
    candicew70 Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Panda8ach wrote: »
    I weigh on a Monday...If I don't like what it says I weigh again on Tuesday and so on lol :D

^^^this! No--I actually only weight once a month. Or even less frequently. I don't own a scale because I'd be obsessed with it, and it's the least important tool that I use to assess my success. Body measurements and how my clothes fit tell me much more about whether I'm meeting my fitness goals.

Weighing once a week seems entirely reasonable, but weighing once a day isn't really going to tell you anything.
  • Rebecca0224
    Rebecca0224 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and use a trending app.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Daily - helps understand why you fluctuate and why it doesn't actually matter.
    I just note any trend in a casual way.

It's data, why be afraid of a device that gives you useful data?
  • Ca7cher
    Ca7cher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't like to keep a scale at home due to history with eating disorders.

I weight myself every other week at the gym. It's really difficult to wait sometimes, but I feel so much better about myself knowing that the number I see represents my overall process better. :)
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help on this- I am going to have Sunday as my weigh day, and so I am going to weigh same time and day every week, I think if I weighed Daily I would be to scared to eat and end up licking a lettuce to survive lol! :D