Calories ☺️

Options
sczoo26
sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
edited July 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey all I was just wondering what calories are you all aiming for daily, and if your a male/female I'll kick this off:
Cals: 1,500 daily, and a male

Replies

• rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Female. 1370.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Female, 1400
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Female, 1690. Plus half of my exercise cals.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Female: 1585 (5x/week), 2185 (1x/week), and more or less whatever the heck I feel like on day seven, but ideally not to exceed 3285. My monthly average is about 1975 right now, and I'm looking to cut that down another 200 over the next couple of months. My numbers are based on a 20% reduction of my TDEE (~2225) which come out to about 1775. I plan to reassess those numbers every ten lbs lost or so but want to keep things steady but gradual. No rush!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    1570. TDEE-500 for a 66 y.o. sedentary female who is 5'4" and weighs 265. I recalculate with every new pound down so the reductions in calories are only about 10 per -- hardly noticeable.
  • leahmariemounsey5023
    Options
    Female
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options
    sczoo26 wrote: »
    Hey all I was just wondering what calories are you all aiming for daily, and if your a male/female I'll kick this off:

How much weight are you trying to lose? 1500 is the absolute minimum for a man. Are you eating more on days you exercise? That's the way this program is designed.

If you have less than 50 pounds to lose, set your Goal at "Lose 1 pound per week." You'll get more than 1500, if that's the case.

Under 25 to lose? Set it to "Lose 1/2 pound per week."

I know it's tempting to go hard, but you'll crash on low cals.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Base 1380. Eating back half my exercise calories, more like around 1700 most days.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Female, 44 yrs old, 5'5" trying to lose the last 5-10 lbs, 1500-1600 cals.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Male, 2100-2200.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Male, 2000-2300
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Male 2200. As a point of info. 1500 is the lowest net calories a male should aim for. It is considered a nutritional minimum. So, 1500 + exercise calories. For females, 1200.
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options

How much weight are you trying to lose? 1500 is the absolute minimum for a man. Are you eating more on days you exercise? That's the way this program is designed.

If you have less than 50 pounds to lose, set your Goal at "Lose 1 pound per week." You'll get more than 1500, if that's the case.

Hey,
    I am looking to lose 2 stones, I do eat my 1,500 on days without any exercise when I do run or gym I up this, I also work as a nurse so quite an active job so I do eat more cals when working as I'm off today and only done a few situps I've stuck with my 1,500 ☺️
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Hey,
    I am looking to lose 2 stones, I do eat my 1,500 on days without any exercise when I do run or gym I up this, I also work as a nurse so quite an active job so I do eat more cals when working as I'm off today and only done a few situps I've stuck with my 1,500 ☺️

How many lbs per week are you set to lose on MFP? 1500 net seems far too agressive for a 2 stone target weight goal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,985 Member
    Options

Hey,

At two stones, set your goal to "Lose 1 pound. (or, half kilo)"

You need food. You're a young, active man. Weight loss is much easier when you eat enough to fuel your life.

As an example, I am at my maintenance weight and I eat 1800-2300 (depending on exercise.) I lose at 1600, and I'm a retired woman with a tiny condo - so not much needed movement in general.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Female :) 1200 calories per day plus about 250 exercise calories :)
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Female, 2200 on training days, 1500 on non-training days.