Hunger

Options
2»

Replies

• CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Most people would be hungry on only 1200 calories. Maybe select a less aggressive goal?

Other than that play around with fat, fiber and protein levels. Be sure you're getting enough of each and find the combo that works for you to keep you more satisfied.

I can't get mine to go any higher than 1200. I've tried changing up my choices on sedentary and how active I am but it always gives me 1200 no matter what I do. I also can't lose if I eat any more than that or if I eat my exercise points back.

you'll need to change your rate of loss.

Good point.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    Most people would be hungry on only 1200 calories. Maybe select a less aggressive goal?

Other than that play around with fat, fiber and protein levels. Be sure you're getting enough of each and find the combo that works for you to keep you more satisfied.

I can't get mine to go any higher than 1200. I've tried changing up my choices on sedentary and how active I am but it always gives me 1200 no matter what I do. I also can't lose if I eat any more than that or if I eat my exercise points back.

Looks like you are already small, so your only choice is to use exercise to earn extra calories. Are you always choosing 2 pounds? Don't. If you're small enough to get 1200 calories no matter what option you choose, 2 lbs is just not going to happen. You will have to choose 1/2 a pound a week and supplement that with extra activity for more calories, so yes, even you don't have to go as low as 1200 if you are capable of increasing your activity and willing to do so. If you're not capable nor willing (and that's alright) you're stuck with a low number.
  • loubabes1
    loubabes1 Posts: 19 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    You are all amazing, thank you so much for taking the time to respond!

Ok, I think I have a plan...
    - I'm going to adjust my loss rate to bring me up to 1400, however I'm going to try to keep it as close to 1200 as poss, that way I'm giving myself breathing space but still giving it a shot
    - Think long term, I do need to lose the weight and 70lbs will not just drop off... maybe set smaller interim targets?
    - Adjust my macros. I need to do some reading on this as I'm pretty clueless tbh but I love me some pasta so some education needs to happen
    - Set myself some exercise targets. I know food is the biggest factor but if I'm overall more healthy it will hopefully keep me in the right headspace
    - Water- I current average about 1.5 litre a day, I'm going to try and get that up to 2

Plus... I need to get over my fear of hunger... it's just such a shock identifying real hunger rather than just boredom/ greediness!

Thank you :)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    skybleu329 wrote: »
    I agree and thankyou at harrypro. I didnt know beans can be a sneaky on calories. I think you just helped me nail my plateau as of week and a half. How many calories of beans you think is good on a 4"11 frame female and im 164 at moment goal is 102lb .

I must say all your stories are so inspirational to me. This really helps because i just had some vanilla frosted icing off of the cake we have downstairs. Im hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) i needed quick sugar but now feeling guilty as ever.

1.5 weeks isn't a plateau.